Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 45,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Serious issue with sudden turnoffs

Tip us?

RaymieHumbert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Serious issue with sudden turnoffs

I've noticed that my device has suddenly turned off on several occasions; I only notice because it does not respond to the power button and to use it I must take out and reinsert the battery.

I am running the latest installer build. Is this an issue with CM, the phone or something else? I need it fixed quickly because I am missing important text messages and phone calls. Should I flash M9 over the installer build, or is it something serious enough to merit a deeper change?

Old
Thanks Meter 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymieHumbert View Post
I've noticed that my device has suddenly turned off on several occasions; I only notice because it does not respond to the power button and to use it I must take out and reinsert the battery.

I am running the latest installer build. Is this an issue with CM, the phone or something else? I need it fixed quickly because I am missing important text messages and phone calls. Should I flash M9 over the installer build, or is it something serious enough to merit a deeper change?
It sounds like you're having issues with your phone not waking up. A couple things you can try immediately(these are terminal commands to enter in terminal emulator or adb):
### lower wakeup thresholds
Code:
su
sysctl -w kernel.random.read_wakeup_threshold = 64
sysctl -w kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold = 128
### increase max frequency
Code:
su
echo 1200000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/screen_off_max_freq

When your phone screen doesn't turn on when you press the power button, try plugging it into the charger to see if turns on then.

Also this can sometimes be a kernel related issue. Try flashing some afterstock kernels like Fancy or Dirty V.
|Device| = Galaxy Nexus "toro" |Batt's| =3800, 1850, 2100b (NFC-stripped) |Radio's| = FK-LTE/FA-cdma |Bootloader| = PRIMEMD04
|ROM's| = Vanir 4.3.1 ; Carbon 4.4 |RECOVERY| = TWRP |SU| = SuperSU!
|Kernels| = Fancy, Dirty V --- FIOPS'd BFQ; 256MB sdcard swap; Core:307; VAUX3:2500; COLOR:[+{-5, 0, 0}; x{180; 178; 200}]

Excellent GNEX[Ref][Guide] -- ART-compatible Apps
[.SH][BIN] mksh/-rc FULL (R50b static) -- [BIN] Build Busybox on Android! -- [.SH][BIN] Easy SSH && TELNET