Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

JB voice search output changed from female to male

OP d.chatten

20th July 2012, 12:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

68 posts
I got the update to JB 4.1.1 two days ago, when i tested the voice search the voice that talks back was a female voice (UK), today i tried it again and for some reason the voice has changed to a male voice (UK), this is weird because there doesn't seem to be any way to change it back to a female voice, which i prefer, has anyone else found that the output voice has changed from female to male, or from male to female, also, is there a way to change this in the settings somewhere as i can't seem to find it, i'm running 100% stock JB 4.1.1.
20th July 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

160 posts
More
Did you try running apply transgendered.Zip in cwm

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damage98 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

41 posts
Yes I have the same problem - tried changing to US but still its a male voice.
21st July 2012, 01:47 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinps

Yes I have the same problem - tried changing to US but still its a male voice.

Thanks for replying, i know i'm not going round the twist now, i wonder what the hell caused this, it must be happening with other users phone too, has anyone got a solution for this issue? bare in mind i'm 100% stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage98

Did you try running apply transgendered.Zip in cwm

LOL, i hope i don't have a transgender phone.
Last edited by d.chatten; 21st July 2012 at 01:50 AM.
21st July 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 32

588 posts
You shouldn't complain, some of us don't even have voice feedback for Google search at all...
21st July 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag Grays
Thanks Meter: 1,060

3,565 posts
More
I prefer the male voice it is more natural. I think it's the UK version of the US woman. I also noticed voice actions work in the UK also.
21st July 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #7  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 353

2,305 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_230

You shouldn't complain, some of us don't even have voice feedback for Google search at all...

its all in the settings if you are stock it should work, if not its your issue not JB
26th July 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #8  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.chatten

I got the update to JB 4.1.1 two days ago, when i tested the voice search the voice that talks back was a female voice (UK), today i tried it again and for some reason the voice has changed to a male voice (UK), this is weird because there doesn't seem to be any way to change it back to a female voice, which i prefer, has anyone else found that the output voice has changed from female to male, or from male to female, also, is there a way to change this in the settings somewhere as i can't seem to find it, i'm running 100% stock JB 4.1.1.

Has anyone worked out what caused this yet? The same thing happened to me, first couple of days I had the female voice, but then without doing anything, it just started using a male voice. The female one was much better as it's clearer, especially on the low speaker levels the Galaxy Nexus has! Every bit helps.

As the OP, I'm running stock JB on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
26th July 2012, 03:34 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 14

111 posts
More
I've heard that certain manufacturers had to use male voices in Germany because Germans refused to take directions from women.

True story.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haadkoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #10  

41 posts
Smile
i was able to get it back to female voice by changing everything in language and input settings and voice search settings to US. It takes a few minutes after u do the changes for the female voice to come back

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread