Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,038 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?

Tip us?

gatsu_1981
Old
(Last edited by gatsu_1981; 23rd February 2013 at 10:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Exclamation Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?

Hello, that's something that I am not able to achieve.
How I can completely kill the phone signal, telling to Android that the phone is just a tablet, so it doesn't even try to bring it up?

Sorry for the strange question, but I have bought a BAD ESN from America for using it as a GPS device and multimedia player in my car, but the battery on standby is really bad.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Chat and I am using it as a working phone, so when it is on standby wifi is disconnected, no data etc.
It does have a tiny battery but on standby it runs for much days without depleting the battery.

But on the Spring Galaxy something is really wrong. Before downloading a Spring Diagnostic app and turning as much as possible off, the battery would deplete in one night (100% to 15% in 8 hours...). Now it deplete a 15% in one night, but it's still too much.

I tried in the past weeks to uninstall phone.apk, mms.apk, telephone providers, setting hw.nophone to true on build.prop to true... But it only killed the phone settings and I couldn't even switch the phone on airplane mode, so the battery was still depleting really fast.

Any idea? I tried on stock rom, cm 10.1 and now on paranoid android.
I noticed that the Samsung Galaxy tab 7 is just the same as the Galaxy nexus... It could be used something from there? http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/P3110_Info

amf100
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Default Re: Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?

Not to be sarcastic, but Airplane Mode? That turns the radios off. You can still turn on wifi and gps individually, as well as bluetooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

gatsu_1981
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default R: Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?

I already said that I couldn't even switch airplane mode when I removed apks... So it means that I know what airplane mode is

Now it IS in airplane mode just with wifi on (off on screen off, on when I turn the device on) but still it takes a little more than a day and half to deplete my battery.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

amf100
Old
Thanks Meter 50

Well, you can always get to airplane mode by holding the power button. Figured you knew that lol. Seems you got to it. Perhaps you shouldn't expect more than you're getting out of it. This phone us not known for its prolonged battery life lol. The time you're getting without the mobile radio on in comparison to having the radio on should be drastically different. Can't make it do what it can't do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to amf100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gatsu_1981
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

I have a GSM one too.
I will try to let it stay in airplane mode for an half day for having a comparison.

icreative
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
My Galaxy Nexus eat a lot of energy too. But i have verizon with FC12 radio because i can set up evdo at Ukraine on it. Maybe have some ideas how to optimize?
Motorola Droid Razr XT912 +SlimKat 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 +MIUI v5 base4.1.1
iPad 4 +iOS 7.1

id_snake
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Same for me in Ukraine Verizon Gnex.
Verizon Galaxy Nexus | ROM tester | 4pda community member

maddsoul
Old
Thanks Meter 6
did you turn the sync off?

gatsu_1981
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

I am a developer (just not yet an android one) and I was asking for developing suggestion if it would be necessary...
I think that my next step will be to search in the Galaxy 7 cyanogen documentation and try to build something custom.

jlopez1286
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME

Dial *#*#4636#*#* then scroll down to radio and turn it off..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to jlopez1286 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]