FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?

453 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By gatsu_1981, Senior Member on 23rd February 2013, 10:16 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th February 2013, 03:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is there a such thing as a tablet interface in Jelly Bean anymore? I thought they made it the same as the phone? I use a ToroPlus as a WiFi device by dialing *#*#4636#*#*, choosing phone options and scrolling down and turning off the radio as some else has mentioned. It reverts to on when you restart the phone though. Battery life is much better with it off.
Last edited by efrant; 24th February 2013 at 11:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremerw For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th February 2013, 10:08 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Maybe for you it's a noob question, but I didn't ask how to disable the cell signal, I managed to do it.
I asked what is different between a ROM for a tablet and a ROM for a phone. I wanted to know some deeper level stuff.
Sorry if it does seems a noob question, english is not my primary language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremerw

Is there a such thing as a tablet interface in Jelly Bean anymore? I thought they made it the same as the phone? I use a ToroPlus as a WiFi device by dialing *#*#4636#*#*, choosing phone options and scrolling down and turning off the radio as some else has mentioned. It reverts to on when you restart the phone though. Battery life is much better with it off.

I don' really remember. I tried some android tablet, those had the "peoples" app, but I don't really remember if there is the chance to actually call someone with the android dialer (even with skype or SIP).

BTW: thanks, you are one of the few that actually read my post and tried to help.
As I said, battery life is much better now with something removed instead of just the apk deleted away, but the battery (without anything going on as sync, or wifi, or cellular line) is really shi*ty... That's why I started this thread.
Last edited by efrant; 24th February 2013 at 11:26 PM.
24th February 2013, 11:24 PM |#13  
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 8,789

Donate to Me
More
Ok, thread cleaned.

If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post.

And if someone posts in the wrong forum, just report it. There is absolutely no reason to post in the thread (and bump it while doing so). By replying, you are contributing to the problem, and may get yourself in trouble for offensive posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 07:04 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Re: Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

Ok, thread cleaned.

If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post.

And if someone posts in the wrong forum, just report it. There is absolutely no reason to post in the thread (and bump it while doing so). By replying, you are contributing to the problem, and may get yourself in trouble for offensive posts.

Why was my reply deleted? I suggested a car charger

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
25th February 2013, 08:28 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
R: Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny

Why was my reply deleted? I suggested a car charger

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Maybe because I didn't ask for battery charger or extended battery? And btw, I already have an official Samsung dock that's working for my GSM and sprint nexus

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread