5,594,518 Members 32,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?

Tip us?
 
jeremerw
Old
(Last edited by efrant; 24th February 2013 at 11:21 PM.)
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 18
Join Date: Apr 2011
Is there a such thing as a tablet interface in Jelly Bean anymore? I thought they made it the same as the phone? I use a ToroPlus as a WiFi device by dialing *#*#4636#*#*, choosing phone options and scrolling down and turning off the radio as some else has mentioned. It reverts to on when you restart the phone though. Battery life is much better with it off.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremerw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gatsu_1981
Old
(Last edited by efrant; 24th February 2013 at 11:26 PM.)
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 449
Join Date: Jan 2009
Maybe for you it's a noob question, but I didn't ask how to disable the cell signal, I managed to do it.
I asked what is different between a ROM for a tablet and a ROM for a phone. I wanted to know some deeper level stuff.
Sorry if it does seems a noob question, english is not my primary language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremerw View Post
Is there a such thing as a tablet interface in Jelly Bean anymore? I thought they made it the same as the phone? I use a ToroPlus as a WiFi device by dialing *#*#4636#*#*, choosing phone options and scrolling down and turning off the radio as some else has mentioned. It reverts to on when you restart the phone though. Battery life is much better with it off.
I don' really remember. I tried some android tablet, those had the "peoples" app, but I don't really remember if there is the chance to actually call someone with the android dialer (even with skype or SIP).

BTW: thanks, you are one of the few that actually read my post and tried to help.
As I said, battery life is much better now with something removed instead of just the apk deleted away, but the battery (without anything going on as sync, or wifi, or cellular line) is really shi*ty... That's why I started this thread.
 
efrant
Old
#13  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 7748
Posts: 9,357
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal Bow2DaCow

 
DONATE TO ME
Ok, thread cleaned.

If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post.

And if someone posts in the wrong forum, just report it. There is absolutely no reason to post in the thread (and bump it while doing so). By replying, you are contributing to the problem, and may get yourself in trouble for offensive posts.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gmfeny
Old
#14  
gmfeny's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 188
Posts: 1,231
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default Re: Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Ok, thread cleaned.

If you don't have anything to contribute, don't post.

And if someone posts in the wrong forum, just report it. There is absolutely no reason to post in the thread (and bump it while doing so). By replying, you are contributing to the problem, and may get yourself in trouble for offensive posts.
Why was my reply deleted? I suggested a car charger

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
gatsu_1981
Old
#15  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 449
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default R: Killing Sprint and turning the phone in a mini-tablet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
Why was my reply deleted? I suggested a car charger

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Maybe because I didn't ask for battery charger or extended battery? And btw, I already have an official Samsung dock that's working for my GSM and sprint nexus

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes