OP csengerszabo

7th January 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #11  
Flag savona
Thanks Meter: 1,869

1,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianistaPL

Yes, i have statusbar lags too! Especially when i switch between notifications and quick settings tiles.

Few things:
1. This happens on EVERY 4.4 ROM - CM, AOKP, Mokee, Gummy etc...
2. ONLY OmniMetal by @metalspring doesn't have this lag
3. Kernel doesn't matter - ASKP, Fancy, Golden, stock... Always i have lag.
4. Rest of interface works very smooth (i guess on every 4.4 ROM) but i can see this lag on statusbar and this is annoying

Even on CM Nightly 01/07 (in changelog i can see statusbar changes but...)
Guys, this is some problem in KitKat sources.

I have to contradict you, even the omni present lag after a while .... anyway are trifles, I for now I solved it using another signal icon, however, are small bugs that will be fixed ... as you say too .. kitkat is still young

sent by zio...😁
7th January 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #12  
Flag Poznań - Poland
Thanks Meter: 759

1,286 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miseusegau

I have to contradict you, even the omni present lag after a while .... anyway are trifles, I for now I solved it using another signal icon, however, are small bugs that will be fixed ... as you say too .. kitkat is still young

sent by zio...😁

I hope that devs will fix that ASAP but for now they are not completely responding on this issue
8th January 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #13  
Flag Mumbai, India
Thanks Meter: 662

2,281 posts
More
I agree even I have noticed this lag on all KitKat ROMs and it really bugs me a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhishekS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #14  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miseusegau

recommend changing signal icon with zipthemer ....

** example on the rom I submitted (AOSP Linaro) I changed my signal icon and the lag is gone ... it works on all roms

sent by zio...��

Can you please point out to a thread that has signal mods or upload the zipthemer compatible mod you already have with you? I am searching by my own but I can't find any that match the white theme of KitKat. And this lag is the only reason I'm still on 4.3.1 . Thanks.

Edit: First of all, zipthemer gives an error stating that SystemUI.apk does not exist (also tried different options for signal icons but it doesn't work), and moreover the lag persists when either Wifi is switched on but not connected to any network or the Wifi is not switched on (H+). 4.3.1 here I go again >.<
Last edited by droidnxs; 8th January 2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Doesn't work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread