Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Looking for Stock Rooted 4.2.2 ROM for VZW

Tip us?

crbnfbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Looking for Stock Rooted 4.2.2 ROM for VZW

I just got a SCH I515 for my mother and it's currently running Cyanogenmod 10.2. This is going to be her first smartphone, but she's familiar with the stock ROM on my Note 2. So, I was looking for a stock rooted 4.2.2 ROM. I've tried searching for a stock rooted ROM without any luck. I really don't need a rooted ROM for her, but I'd really like to run Rom Toolbox and Titanium Backup.

So, does anyone have a link to a stock rooted ROM? If there's one that has all the bloatware removed like the Sophisticated ROM I ran on my Note 2 that'd be ideal.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have no experience with the i515.

thenexusgeneration
Old
Thanks Meter 21
As far as I know there are no TouchWiz ROMs for the i535 at version 4.2.2 because it never official got the update (straight from 4.1.2 to 4.3.0). Are you looking specifically for TouchWiz ROMs or are AOSP acceptable too?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Samsung SHC-A630
LG eNV2

Samsung Galaxy S III (3x)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Nexus S 4G
LG Nexus 5

OnePlus One (...)

crbnfbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenexusgeneration View Post
As far as I know there are no TouchWiz ROMs for the i535 at version 4.2.2 because it never official got the update (straight from 4.1.2 to 4.3.0). Are you looking specifically for TouchWiz ROMs or are AOSP acceptable too?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I'd prefer a TouchWiz ROM as my mom is somewhat familiar with that. I'm really just looking for a debloated stock ROM.

thenexusgeneration
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbnfbr View Post
I'd prefer a TouchWiz ROM as my mom is somewhat familiar with that. I'm really just looking for a debloated stock ROM.
I know many people on Google+ that swear by this ROM. It's called Shiny ROM. Here's a link to the page on Rootzwiki: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36706-rom...id-442-kvt49l/

Read all about it over there. Hope to have helped a bit.

crbnfbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenexusgeneration View Post
I know many people on Google+ that swear by this ROM. It's called Shiny ROM. Here's a link to the page on Rootzwiki: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36706-rom...id-442-kvt49l/

Read all about it over there. Hope to have helped a bit.

That looks like a good ROM. Is there a way I can use the Samsung TouchWiz keyboard on an AOSP ROM? I personally hated the kb in every AOSP ROM I tried on my Note 2.