Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Maps Latitude doesn't work within Jelly Bean

Tip us?

McDV
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Question [Q] Maps Latitude doesn't work within Jelly Bean

Hi!

I'm having the problem that in Jelly Bean now maps doesn't show any Latitude-friends. It says there were no friends.

I first thought this was because now I've changed my GMail domain (in Germany it first was googlemail.com and now you could switch to gmail.com), but on my Xoom running ICS and the latest maps it works all right. It's just on my GN, where it doesn't work.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or does s.o. have an idea how to fix it?

Regards
McDV
The Following User Says Thank You to McDV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rman18
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Fix for Latitude

Delete the APK /System/App/maps.apk and redownload from the market. I can now see all my latitude friends.
Moto X - Verizon
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rman18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carloscarvalho
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Just wait for the official release of JB, this version is not the last build of JB and will be very "unstable".... Why dont you guys doenst just wait ????
Sony Xperia Z2
Rom: Stock .402

Samsung Galaxy SIII
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus

McDV
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman18 View Post
Fix for Latitude

Delete the APK /System/App/maps.apk and redownload from the market. I can now see all my latitude friends.
I will try that. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloscarvalho View Post
Just wait for the official release of JB, this version is not the last build of JB and will be very "unstable".... Why dont you guys doenst just wait ????
Why should we?
1) I generally use CM9-nightlies, so why not this?
2) It surely is not very unstable, instead, it's pretty stable. Think about it: They want to release the official version in mid july! What do you think how much they can fix until then? There might be single small bugs left, but if the system could still be considered "unstable", they wouldn't release it before fall! And they wouldn't hand out a firmware to the press, if it wasn't - over all - finish. Just imagine what the Apple-community would write in their blogs...
The Following User Says Thank You to McDV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EP2008
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Fix for Latitude

This works. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 w/ KK 4.4.2 (stock rom)
Apple iPad 4th gen w/ iOS 7
HP Touchpad w/ WebOS and CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
MSI 110W Windows 8 tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to EP2008 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

martonikaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1714
Quote:
Originally Posted by carloscarvalho View Post
I don't care if they flash now. Just don't complain when stuff doesn't work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Quit signing contracts, stop overpaying for service, GO PREPAID!
Follow me on Twitter / Google+
Don't have Dropbox yet? Sign up from this link, and we both get more storage!

McDV
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Fix for Latitude

That worked, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by martonikaj View Post
I don't care if they flash now. Just don't complain when stuff doesn't work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
No one complains, we just ask for solutions that - obviously - exist. There's nothing wrong about it.

I really hate those guys with their "just wait for the official release" stuff. No one prevents you guys from waiting, but please let us enthusiasts test it and let us discuss ways to solve existing bugs on our own. If this annoys you, just don't read it! Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McDV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laur3n.newm4n
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Glad I searched XDA for this problem - the fix worked for me too. I'm impressed with how stable the leak is already. This has been my only problem so far with native Google apps, or the ROM itself.

BadBoyNDSU
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Fix for Latitude

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

banditball
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Maps apk

Probably a dumb question but how do u delete maps.apk. My explorer apps will not delete it?