XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Messed up, looking for a bail out

Tip us?

veloslave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Default Messed up, looking for a bail out

Was running MMuzzy, tried Omni, decided to go back (no statement on Omni, just didn't want to deal with new, setting up and such) and the only backup I have is in TWRP... but I switched to CM to install Omni... and like an over eager cleaner, I deleted the install files for everything last time I was in Omni... then I went into recovery, wiped and realized I need TWRP to restore my backup (no files found in CW)

All I can do is boot into recovery and I cannot figure out how to set up windows so I can put an install file on there to run so I can get back to TWRP and clean this mess up. I tried installing the Samsung drivers on an XP workstation but the computer doesn't find drivers when plugging in the phone... I pointed to the samsung/drivers folder in programs but no luck.

Bail a ding bat out?

Have YOU considered donating to your favorite XDA Developer? A few bucks buys a cold one and says THANKS!

Sammy GNEX on Big Red with MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2.2 running the show along with adbFreedom and kmagameguy's MODs. History: HTC Incredible, HTC XV6800 - dcd3.20/radio 3.42/Kitchen, Samsung I730, Samsung I700, Ipaq 3650 (w/cell phone data link) Treo 360, Treo 180 (still have almost all of them except the POC 360)

veloslave
Old
(Last edited by veloslave; 25th December 2013 at 03:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Default Bump

Can anybody explain how to get this thing viewable in windows? (With no phone control)

Please.... and thank you in advance!!!

Have YOU considered donating to your favorite XDA Developer? A few bucks buys a cold one and says THANKS!

Sammy GNEX on Big Red with MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2.2 running the show along with adbFreedom and kmagameguy's MODs. History: HTC Incredible, HTC XV6800 - dcd3.20/radio 3.42/Kitchen, Samsung I730, Samsung I700, Ipaq 3650 (w/cell phone data link) Treo 360, Treo 180 (still have almost all of them except the POC 360)

veloslave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Default I am ready to pay someone for help on this

Help me get this back to life... name a reasonable price

b177y
Old
(Last edited by b177y; 25th December 2013 at 11:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Use efrant's guide in the stickys to flash the factory image and use his link for Windows drivers. It always works and his fastboot tutorial has saved my device more than once.

Link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1626895
The Following User Says Thank You to b177y For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaijura
Old
(Last edited by kaijura; 25th December 2013 at 05:16 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1813
For my instructions, download these, you will end up using them:

1. Android drivers for windows, I would prefer Universal Naked Driver (UND):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766220

2. Android debugging tools (ADB), I would prefer minimal ADB:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269

3. TWRP recovery image: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/90 download the last version you remembered using or just use the latest openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-maguro.img

Install 1 & 2 in order. You may need to have the phone boot to recovery to install #1. Installing the drivers in Windows XP/7 will be easier, Windows 8/8.1 requires an advanced step to disable unknown driver enforcement.

For #2, if you have ADB/Fastboot already, skip this step. If you don't, then you may need to install it while in recovery too. Install it to a folder you are familiar with, I would choose C:\ and make an Android folder.

After you have both installed, boot your phone to bootloader mode. When it is shut off, hold VOL + and - at the same time then press the power button for all 3 simultaneously. It will boot into bootloader mode, where you see the android and your Galaxy Nexus revision/software details.

Move the TWRP recovery img file to the location of your ADB folder. For my example, I will assume #2 (adb tools) are installed in Local Disk (C:) and the android folder, so C:\Android

From here you would use the command prompt/terminal start > run > cmd or start, find program Command Prompt.

In the terminal type cd\foldertoTWRPimgfile\ or in my example, cd\android\

Next, type fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-maguro.img
my example would look like:
C:\android\ fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-maguro.img

it will show a progress indicator, then OK'd when it is finished.
You can then manually boot to recovery in fastboot, hit a volume button on your phone a few times until you see RECOVERY, then hit the power button to load it. You should now be in TWRP and be able to restore your backup, hope it is still there. Since it is likely that you were last using an older version of TWRP for MMuzzy, you might notice differences if you flash a newer version of TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaijura For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

veloslave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijura View Post
For my instructions, download these, you will end up using them:

1. Android drivers for windows, I would prefer Universal Naked Driver (UND):
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766220

2. Android debugging tools (ADB), I would prefer minimal ADB:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42407269

3. TWRP recovery image: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/90 download the last version you remembered using or just use the latest openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-maguro.img

Install 1 & 2 in order. You may need to have the phone boot to recovery to install #1. Installing the drivers in Windows XP/7 will be easier, Windows 8/8.1 requires an advanced step to disable unknown driver enforcement.

For #2, if you have ADB/Fastboot already, skip this step. If you don't, then you may need to install it while in recovery too. Install it to a folder you are familiar with, I would choose C:\ and make an Android folder.

After you have both installed, boot your phone to bootloader mode. When it is shut off, hold VOL + and - at the same time then press the power button for all 3 simultaneously. It will boot into bootloader mode, where you see the android and your Galaxy Nexus revision/software details.

Move the TWRP recovery img file to the location of your ADB folder. For my example, I will assume #2 (adb tools) are installed in Local Disk (C and the android folder, so C:\Android

From here you would use the command prompt/terminal start > run > cmd or start, find program Command Prompt.

In the terminal type cd\foldertoTWRPimgfile\ or in my example, cd\android\

Next, type fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-maguro.img
my example would look like:
C:\android\ fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-maguro.img

it will show a progress indicator, then OK'd when it is finished.
You can then manually boot to recovery in fastboot, hit a volume button on your phone a few times until you see RECOVERY, then hit the power button to load it. You should now be in TWRP and be able to restore your backup, hope it is still there. Since it is likely that you were last using an older version of TWRP for MMuzzy, you might notice differences if you flash a newer version of TWRP.

Wow... I really do not know where to begin to thank you... that REALLY saved my bacon as it is my work phone as well as personal cell too. Please send me a PM with a donation addy and an amount if you have one or I would be happy to send you a Christmas present...

Merry CHRISTmas everyone!!!!