Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Micro USB port replacement.

Tip us?

Edgarngg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Micro USB port replacement.

OK I've found out that my gnex doesn't charge anymore, sometimes it just says charging but it doesn't charge at all. It's been dead since this morning and I decided that I'll have to replace the USB port since I don't want to deal with that kind of thing by moving and forcing the cable to make contact.

Anyone have successfully replaced the USB port with or without the flex cable? And where did you buy the item. Thanks in advance for any advice.

GuinnessX
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Wow... That's hardcore surgery. You would be better off buying a Palm Touchstone kit off eBay (currently $8) and getting that working. It's pretty simple for someone who thinks he can replace a USB port, and it's the best charging method conceived so far. I have 8 of them...

Just google Galaxy Nexus Touchstone Mod for detailed tutorial with pics.
The Following User Says Thank You to GuinnessX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Edgarngg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinnessX View Post
Wow... That's hardcore surgery. You would be better off buying a Palm Touchstone kit off eBay (currently $8) and getting that working. It's pretty simple for someone who thinks he can replace a USB port, and it's the best charging method conceived so far. I have 8 of them...

Just google Galaxy Nexus Touchstone Mod for detailed tutorial with pics.
Wow man, absolutely great suggestion! I'll look forward to this! You actually have one for yours or is your port still working?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

GuinnessX
Old
Thanks Meter 31
My port is fine. The first thing I did when I got my GNex was this mod. I loved my old Palm Pre, so I bought a couple spares and a ton of Touchstones for next to nothing when they went out of business. Eventually, though, I just couldn't live with an abandoned OS any longer... At least I can still use all my Touchstone chargers.

Edgarngg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Nice man yeah this was the solution to my problem and also something I should have known to not get my port damaged in the first place. Thank you very much man. Appreciate it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app