Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] MMS from iPhone users as slideshow, Handcent not a fix

OP TurbineTester

30th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

82 posts
Ive searched hundreds of posts but all the answers are the same. If you are annoyed by getting multi picture or pictures with words from iPhone users coming through as a slideshow or video, the simply install Handcent SMS and the problem magically goes away. We'll I've had Handcent for years and I still have the same problem. I've got it installed and it's set as the default as far as I can tell, I still get slideshows from my iPhone friends when the send multi picture mms messages. Can someone please tell me exactly how to make Handcent show these as single pictures where I can zoom in?
1st June 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Affects me as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbineTester

Ive searched hundreds of posts but all the answers are the same. If you are annoyed by getting multi picture or pictures with words from iPhone users coming through as a slideshow or video, the simply install Handcent SMS and the problem magically goes away. We'll I've had Handcent for years and I still have the same problem. I've got it installed and it's set as the default as far as I can tell, I still get slideshows from my iPhone friends when the send multi picture mms messages. Can someone please tell me exactly how to make Handcent show these as single pictures where I can zoom in?

This is also a problem for me. It's affected all of my Android devices.

It seems that when I receive an MMS from any other user (not just iPhone users) it will be displayed as a slide show instead of an image if the message was sent along with text. This happens even if the attachment is only one image.

It is also triggered if the sender's message has two or more images (even if no text).

I can't begin to describe how annoying this is. From internet searches this has been an issue since at least 2010.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread