Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 46,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MS Exchange fails with Android 4.1.2 Update

Tip us?
 
t4c
Old
#1  
t4c's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 74
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nuremberg
Battery Low MS Exchange fails with Android 4.1.2 Update

Howdy,

got some problems with my GNex.
Yesterday I did a factory update to 4.1.2 installed my apps and set up my stock E-Mail Tool to get my cooperate mails.
First step worked, so it verifies my device, asks me to crypt my data, allows remote deletion etc.
So next step I want to get my mails synced, nothing happens, no packets leave the device from here.
Any suggestions for me?

Tried using EmailGoogle.(apk|oedx) from a 4.1.1 backup, but this does not work.
I really could need a helping hand, cause mails are very important for me.
gez
Milan 't4c' Berger

Asus Nexus 7 Stock rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Stock rooted
HTC Desire Stockrom rooted
HTC G1 Android 2.1 jf4c
 
crypted
Old
#2  
crypted's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4113
Posts: 2,473
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Miami Beach, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4c View Post
Howdy,

got some problems with my GNex.
Yesterday I did a factory update to 4.1.2 installed my apps and set up my stock E-Mail Tool to get my cooperate mails.
First step worked, so it verifies my device, asks me to crypt my data, allows remote deletion etc.
So next step I want to get my mails synced, nothing happens, no packets leave the device from here.
Any suggestions for me?

Tried using EmailGoogle.(apk|oedx) from a 4.1.1 backup, but this does not work.
I really could need a helping hand, cause mails are very important for me.
I've been experiencing this issue since JB release for our device. Tech support said it would be fixed in this update which I have not received over OTA yet. Very much sad that it appears not to be resolved.

Call and use the product support forums on Google to report this matter.
 
t4c
Old
#3  
t4c's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 74
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nuremberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted View Post
I've been experiencing this issue since JB release for our device. Tech support said it would be fixed in this update which I have not received over OTA yet. Very much sad that it appears not to be resolved.

Call and use the product support forums on Google to report this matter.
JB worked fine for me. Til 4.1.2
gez
Milan 't4c' Berger

Asus Nexus 7 Stock rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Stock rooted
HTC Desire Stockrom rooted
HTC G1 Android 2.1 jf4c
 
peste76
Old
#4  
peste76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 667
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere near Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4c View Post
JB worked fine for me. Til 4.1.2
Delete the Exchange Account, disable autosync in the background (submenu under data usage) and configure your Exchange from new. After the first sync you can reactivate autosync. A bug common in all JB Variants. I can also explain it in German or Bavarian if you want (PM).
---


Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) White 32 GB

ROM: Dirty Unicorns (Unofficial atm)
Kernel: Franco (latest)
RADIO: Stock
Recovery: CWM Official 6.0.4.5
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peste76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
alexmart
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 32
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia
I'm running 4.1.2 on my gnex and have had 0 issues with exchange

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium
 
peste76
Old
#6  
peste76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 667
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere near Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmart View Post
I'm running 4.1.2 on my gnex and have had 0 issues with exchange

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium
I think this won´t help him. Not everyone is facing this problems but if you google after JB & Exchange problems you will find a lot!
---


Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) White 32 GB

ROM: Dirty Unicorns (Unofficial atm)
Kernel: Franco (latest)
RADIO: Stock
Recovery: CWM Official 6.0.4.5
 
t4c
Old
#7  
t4c's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 74
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Nuremberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by peste76 View Post
Delete the Exchange Account, disable autosync in the background (submenu under data usage) and configure your Exchange from new. After the first sync you can reactivate autosync. A bug common in all JB Variants. I can also explain it in German or Bavarian if you want (PM).
Thank you very much, now I got my mails back.
And yes found some more posts but no soloution, yours did it.
gez
Milan 't4c' Berger

Asus Nexus 7 Stock rooted
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Stock rooted
HTC Desire Stockrom rooted
HTC G1 Android 2.1 jf4c
 
solo13
Old
(Last edited by solo13; 22nd October 2012 at 02:07 PM.) Reason: to avoid harming some people ego
#8  
solo13's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jul 2007
**
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devices:
Google Nexus 4, Lenovo S920 , HTC One x, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy i9100g , Galaxy i9103, LG P920 Optimus 3D, LG P703, HTC Sensation, SE X10i, Tab P1000, Tab P6200.
 
peste76
Old
#9  
peste76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 667
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Somewhere near Munich
You would seriously change the SSL (443) port to 80 (unsecured) ? I hope your are kidding... And if had read the post above yours, it is solved.
---


Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) White 32 GB

ROM: Dirty Unicorns (Unofficial atm)
Kernel: Franco (latest)
RADIO: Stock
Recovery: CWM Official 6.0.4.5
 
solo13
Old
(Last edited by solo13; 22nd October 2012 at 02:08 PM.) Reason: avoid harming some people ego
#10  
solo13's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 74
Join Date: Jul 2007
**
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Devices:
Google Nexus 4, Lenovo S920 , HTC One x, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy i9100g , Galaxy i9103, LG P920 Optimus 3D, LG P703, HTC Sensation, SE X10i, Tab P1000, Tab P6200.

Tags
4.1.2, exchange, gnex
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes