Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot Find Nandroid

OP Chuffer

15th February 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
My GNEX had to go back to Samsung after a system wipe completely fecked up my phone, anyway I got it back on Thurs evening. This morning I decided to unlock and root, I used Android Toolkit and that seemed to do the trick, then decided to install CWM and that installed fine but I cannot flash recovery, it sits there with the progress bar displaying 0 -100 but never moves, I gave up and installed TWRP, that works fine I can get to recovery mode and decided to do a nandroid backup which it says was successful, done this twice now and both nandroids according to the finish info says they are 600+ Mb in size but I'd like to pull one of them from my phone to my PC so I can then up that to one of my online storage areas. Problem is every root explorer app I install either hangs when accessing the Data folder or it says there's nothing in there, the nandroid must be somewhere as I can see my storage capacity has dropped. Any suggestions?

TIA
15th February 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 950

2,276 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuffer

My GNEX had to go back to Samsung after a system wipe completely fecked up my phone, anyway I got it back on Thurs evening. This morning I decided to unlock and root, I used Android Toolkit and that seemed to do the trick, then decided to install CWM and that installed fine but I cannot flash recovery, it sits there with the progress bar displaying 0 -100 but never moves, I gave up and installed TWRP, that works fine I can get to recovery mode and decided to do a nandroid backup which it says was successful, done this twice now and both nandroids according to the finish info says they are 600+ Mb in size but I'd like to pull one of them from my phone to my PC so I can then up that to one of my online storage areas. Problem is every root explorer app I install either hangs when accessing the Data folder or it says there's nothing in there, the nandroid must be somewhere as I can see my storage capacity has dropped. Any suggestions?

TIA

Aren't they in the /TWRP folder of your internal storage?
15th February 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan

Aren't they in the /TWRP folder of your internal storage?

I looked in the TWRP folder it was empty, hence the reason I asked on here, I was stumped. I did try using Android Toolkit again and it's made a backup to my PC of 7 partitions it says, it is 472Mb in size, I have a separate backup of my efs partition/folder which I did before trying to do the nandroid backup. I've just installed a custom rom and all's well so I'll try another nandroid backup and see how it goes.

TIA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread