FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Network / IMEI Problem

568 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By thiagodark, Senior Member on 29th April 2012, 09:37 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi guys, i have a gsm gnex and everything was just fine until last week when i reboot my phone and it came back with no signal i tried several reboots with no luck, so i made a factory reset and still no fix at all... and then i saw that IMEI and Baseband was shown as "unknown" in status. Like image below.

So i was reading a thread in HTC Sensation forum and someone said that removing the battery and waiting like 20 minutes solve the problem for him... i tried and yes, everything was back, my imei, baseband, etc... BUT, the problem was not fixed.

- i can't reboot or shutdown the phone, if so, it uses to turn on with unknown imei, unknown baseband, etc (sometimes it turns on okay, with everything there, i don't know why, it's just random), but if i wait, it magically appears and i get my signal back or i could do what use to be faster: let the phone off for five minutes and turn it on, and then it comes with my imei, my baseband... all okay!

- i also need to disable 3G network because it drops my signal, what makes me need to turn off the phone, or just wait the signal magically come back again......

i tried to change radio, rom, back to stock, restore nandroid backup that i made in the day one after root the phone, etc...

anyone ever seen anything like this? in any devide?

i would appreciate any help...
Last edited by thiagodark; 21st May 2012 at 01:58 PM.

29th April 2012, 10:05 PM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 229

More
I can help you restore your original imei but I have to have your phone with me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
30th April 2012, 12:20 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Old City-ES

More
i don't believe i need to restore the imei, because after some reboots and sometime with my battery pulled off, the imei just come back like magic. Like the screenshot i took right now:

30th April 2012, 12:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Oh lord, you'd better hope I don't get the bright idea to drunk dial tonight. My Portuguese is even worse than my Spanish.
30th April 2012, 12:30 AM |#5  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1,489

More
I'd probably go ahead and b/u your IMEI just in case.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=restore+efs
Last edited by CMNein; 8th May 2012 at 09:25 PM.
30th April 2012, 12:37 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Old City-ES

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydamnhell

Oh lord, you'd better hope I don't get the bright idea to drunk dial tonight. My Portuguese is even worse than my Spanish.

just forgot... hope you have not saved the original image! =o)
30th April 2012, 12:39 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Old City-ES

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMNein

I'd probably go ahead and b/u your EFS just in case.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=restore+efs

i did.... following this thread and using this app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1510906

just in case!
30th April 2012, 07:54 PM |#8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Which ROM did you flash? ...generally your issue occurs when a CDMA ROM is flashed onto a GSM Nexus.
1st May 2012, 09:54 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Old City-ES

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSpam

Which ROM did you flash? ...generally your issue occurs when a CDMA ROM is flashed onto a GSM Nexus.

No, never flashed a cdma rom, in fact i was "stock" when problem began... =o/ i had manually updated to 4.0.4 by downloading stock rom on google source...

I flashed several roms after problem begins and now i'm on aokp, Build 34...
Last edited by thiagodark; 1st May 2012 at 10:25 PM.
8th May 2012, 01:15 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Old City-ES

More
well, after several research i figured out the problem is well known by galaxy sII users, like described in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1261948

my problem is exact the same, i can even do the temporary fix proposed there

but solution there doesnt seems to work on gnex... does anyone know a way to 'adjust' it? since gnex doesn't have efs folder...

thanks!

actually, the question is, can i use these codes replacing "/efs" with "/factory" and "/dev/block" with "/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0"
Last edited by thiagodark; 8th May 2012 at 02:21 PM.
8th May 2012, 07:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Yes, /efs is /factory and it's mounted on different device but I don't see while they suggest to recreate whole partition from scratch. You can just do renaming in place. Have you checked that your /factory directory is really corrupted (ie. files there have wierd sizes, dates, or it doesn't even mount)?

Another interesting thing to do is look at messages in /data/radio/log/nv.log (# cat /data/radio/log/nv.log as root). It may contain some clue as to what's happening...

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread