Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Newbie who accidentally deleted the OS

Tip us?

greatwyrmm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Newbie who accidentally deleted the OS

Using the Nexus tool kit all you need to do is make sure you have a good copy of the stock Verizon os downloaded from the Google site (JRO3C0) or whatever it is. Then connect your phone with it powered down. Select the option saying the phone will not start (bricked) and select unroot with factory image and follow the prompts. This will unroot your phone and flash the stock Verizon os. After that I would re-lock the boot loader, disconnect your phone and pull the battery with it still on. After you power it back up you can enable debugging and unlock and root again. Sorry if I called the steps the wrong name as I do not have my computer with me and cannot look directly at the wugfresh tool. Hope this helps out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to greatwyrmm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PickyLumberjack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwyrmm View Post
Using the Nexus tool kit all you need to do is make sure you have a good copy of the stock Verizon os downloaded from the Google site (JRO3C0) or whatever it is. Then connect your phone with it powered down. Select the option saying the phone will not start (bricked) and select unroot with factory image and follow the prompts. This will unroot your phone and flash the stock Verizon os. After that I would re-lock the boot loader, disconnect your phone and pull the battery with it still on. After you power it back up you can enable debugging and unlock and root again. Sorry if I called the steps the wrong name as I do not have my computer with me and cannot look directly at the wugfresh tool. Hope this helps out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
Thanks for not treating me like I'm dumb. I figured it out and my phone is working again.

greatwyrmm
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Newbie who accidentally deleted the OS

No problem.

Sent from the Time Vortex using my Galaxy Nexus Sonic Screwdriver.