newbie- just got my new phone! so many questions!
first android phone coming from ios for the last many years
1. sms- how do i get notifications? i don't want that little icon on the top taskbar, i want a popup like the iphone so i will immediately know. i don't even get a notification in the lockscreen which i want. also quick reply somehow? same as missed calls, i want a big notification popup
2. contact/sms page- how do i get rid of the picture profile squares? it makes each line so "thick" and takes up too much room
3. quick way to put it to silent/vibrate only mode like iphone?
4. how do you actually exit an app? it seems like when i press any of the softkeys on the bottom (home or back) it just minimizes it and still has it running in the background
5. if i reflash rom, will i lose all my apps and settings? which rom do you suggest?
6. what are the advantages of giving me root access? examples or what i can do?
7. one big feature of iphone ios 5 is group sms, can android group sms with iphone users?
8. must have apps?