5,598,908 Members 30,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any news/rumors/info on the sim-free Galaxy Nexus 32GB?

Tip us?

Saxtus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Clove had it at 3rd of May, now it's back at 27th February:
j.mp/AnoHhZ

Corey L
Old
Thanks Meter 101
We've just been notified this morning that Samsung have dropped the Galaxy Nexus 32GB from production. At this time it looks like they will not be releasing it. Not good news at all.

Corey
EXPANSYS-USA

carrot34
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Whoa, that _sucks_. But thanks for the update, Corey.

So is that in then? No 32GB GSM Galaxy Nexus?

Does anyone think that replacing the Galaxy Nexus GSM's 16GB chip with with a 32GB one is at all a possibility? These guys used to do memory upgrades back in the old Windows Mobile PDA days. But looking at the Galaxy Nexus iFixit teardown, I can't even see where the 16GB memory chip is...

Alan

Dragonsla
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I hear its gonna have quad core.

Corey L
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot34 View Post
Whoa, that _sucks_. But thanks for the update, Corey.

So is that in then? No 32GB GSM Galaxy Nexus?

Does anyone think that replacing the Galaxy Nexus GSM's 16GB chip with with a 32GB one is at all a possibility? These guys used to do memory upgrades back in the old Windows Mobile PDA days. But looking at the Galaxy Nexus iFixit teardown, I can't even see where the 16GB memory chip is...

Alan
We are just waiting on an official word, but that's what we have been told by multiple suppliers. Emails came in a few minutes apart.

the7thson
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey L View Post
We've just been notified this morning that Samsung have dropped the Galaxy Nexus 32GB from production. At this time it looks like they will not be releasing it. Not good news at all.

Corey
EXPANSYS-USA
Argh!!!!!! Makes me want to punch someone in the face

Appreciate the quick update though Corey, this is obviously not directed at you, but I'm so frustrated at having had to wait this long for nothing. Damn you Samsung!

tids2k
Old
Thanks Meter 631
good to see expansys team here on xda-developers. kudos to u guys !!
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70

spacebar2011
Old
Thanks Meter 555
I highly suspect they're bringing a refreshed Galaxy Nexus with a better camera and a newer GPU/CPU. There is no other reason why they'd delay the 32GB version by such a long period and then drop it altogether. New Galaxy Nexus coming..

xemino
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebar2011 View Post
I highly suspect they're bringing a refreshed Galaxy Nexus with a better camera and a newer GPU/CPU. There is no other reason why they'd delay the 32GB version by such a long period and then drop it altogether. New Galaxy Nexus coming..
i want/need that refreshed version, even though i absolutely despise how they released the galaxy nexus.
i need a nexus device, hopefully they'll release it w/ 64gb.

but we can already be thankful, that they built a nexus phone, i'm pretty sure they've got all their resources on the galaxy s3. how dare we expect a 32gb gsm version and the original vehicle mount.
device: mako aka nexus 4 | rom: stock | kernel: franco
device: maguro aka galaxy nexus | rom: stock | kernel: leankernel | radio: xxlf1
device: passion aka nexus one | rom: cm7.2 | kernel: stock | radio 5.12 | recovery: 4ext

spacebar2011
Old
Thanks Meter 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by xemino View Post
i want/need that refreshed version, even though i absolutely despise how they released the galaxy nexus.
i need a nexus device, hopefully they'll release it w/ 64gb.

but we can already be thankful, that they built a nexus phone, i'm pretty sure they've got all their resources on the galaxy s3. how dare we expect a 32gb gsm version and the original vehicle mount.
2nd what you said. I will trade in my 16 gig GNX in a heart beat for a refreshed one.. can only wait.

And don't underestimate Samsung's production capability. They've got huge lines and a massive in-house components advantage.

Sent from XDA Premium