[Q] Nexus Issues

Tip us?

vanishedxD
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus Issues

Hello XDA,

I just acquired a samsung galaxy nexus i515 on vzw that a friend had given up on. (Not sure if that means its CDMA or not)

Heres the thing... I want to flash this stuff back to stock with ODIN and have the files necessary to do so... but I cannot get it to go into download mode.

In fact... all i recieve when I plug it in is an icon [a cellphone .. a triangle with an exclamation point .. and a computer monitor.] and it constantly connects and reconnects and redisplays this icon vibrates and shuts off in a cycle...
Holding the power button and volume buttons does nothing but go to this screen as well.

Any ideas? How would I go about fixing this... hopefully somebody has an idea!

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanishedxD View Post
Hello XDA,

I just acquired a samsung galaxy nexus i515 on vzw that a friend had given up on. (Not sure if that means its CDMA or not)

Heres the thing... I want to flash this stuff back to stock with ODIN and have the files necessary to do so... but I cannot get it to go into download mode.

In fact... all i recieve when I plug it in is an icon [a cellphone .. a triangle with an exclamation point .. and a computer monitor.] and it constantly connects and reconnects and redisplays this icon vibrates and shuts off in a cycle...
Holding the power button and volume buttons does nothing but go to this screen as well.

Any ideas? How would I go about fixing this... hopefully somebody has an idea!
I think you are in fastboot mode. This is better than odin. Search on the interwebz to be sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir

vanishedxD
Old
(Last edited by vanishedxD; 13th February 2014 at 12:32 AM.) Reason: Added More Info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
I think you are in fastboot mode. This is better than odin. Search on the interwebz to be sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
A google image search shows a completely different thing. Whereas I'm just getting this.

Have tried flashing

VzW-PDA-ODIN-I515EL03_ICL53F_signed.tar> Used for PDA button
VzW-PHONE-ODIN-SCH-I515.EK02_LTE.tar> Used for PHONE button
But Odin stays stuck at NAND write
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fastboot.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	2576073   Click image for larger version

Name:	image201402120001.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	2576077  

maschiosoosai
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanishedxD View Post
A google image search shows a completely different thing. Whereas I'm just getting this.

Have tried flashing

VzW-PDA-ODIN-I515EL03_ICL53F_signed.tar> Used for PDA button
VzW-PHONE-ODIN-SCH-I515.EK02_LTE.tar> Used for PHONE button
But Odin stays stuck at NAND write
That image you see is the result of a bad odin flash. Have you tried restoring to stock using the factory image?(https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images)
Devices:
Galaxy Tab(CM)
Galaxy Nexus(Slimkat)
Nexus 5