Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus Prime continuously rebooting

Tip us?

AM85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Nexus Prime continuously rebooting

I brought my Nexus Prime from Korea last month.
A few hours ago I was listening to music on my phone when it rebooted. After that it came back on for roughly 10 seconds before rebooting again.
I uninstalled a game from my phone roughly 30 minutes before this error happened.
I cannot use my phone now, I get a few seconds of use out of it before its stuck in a continuous reboot cycle.
I have tried letting it cool down (it was a hot day), removing the simcard and changing batteries. Not sure what else I can do with only a few seconds of use.

Model number - SHW-M420S

Is anyone able to help me get out of this reboot cycle?

MS.
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Try to back up important things and do factory reset. Is your phone rooted? CWM recovery installed? If so, before doing factory restore you could try wiping cache/dalvik cache first.

Sent from my super Galaxy Nexus plusŪ
HTC One [ROM: Stock 4.3 GPE] [Kernel: default] [Radio: 10.38H.1157.04L] [HBOOT: 1.54 GE, S-OFF]
The Following User Says Thank You to MS. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AM85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Luckily its still a new phone, so there isn't much on it.
The phone is rooted in that I cannot access it in any way. Even connecting to a computer is useless as its only on for a few seconds before it reboots itself.
CWM recovery isn't installed, will be when the phone is working again though!

Is there a way to wipe the cache/dalvik cache or factory reset while the phone is off?

beekay201
Old
(Last edited by beekay201; 20th February 2012 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,127
fastboot will allow you to erase data,userdata, as well as flash a custom recovery like cwm or a full rom.

bk201

edit: boot your device with POWER+VOLUP+VOLDOWN into fastboot. search google and/or xda for some fastboot tutorials.
hammerhead/omni-KTU84P/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-2.0.50.1.13
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/omni-KTU84P/custom#3.4.39
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)
The Following User Says Thank You to beekay201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ajwho
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I had this problem awhile back. It was a bum phone with hardware issue. I had to exchange it. Yours may be in the same boat.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajwho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AM85
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I will try a fastboot later today and let you know the outcome, thank you.
If all else fails I'll send it back to Korea for new hardware I guess.

econometrician
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I ran into this problem a while ago. I had to restore the phone to stock using the image from Google. Haven't had a problem since

The Following User Says Thank You to econometrician For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]