Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus S Will Not Update

Tip us?

aver1234
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus S Will Not Update

Barely used Nexus S (used by someone else) and I can't get it to update... Please before telling me this questions was covered somewhere else, please understand that I have 2 children, including one little girl, who are presently with a female pedophile (catholic school teacher) and I don't have time for debates.... Here is the error:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/soju/crespo:2.3.6/GRK39F/189904:user/release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/soju/crespo:4.0.3/IML74K/239410:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)
Installation aborted..

What do I do about it?

Beauenheim
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aver1234 View Post
Barely used Nexus S (used by someone else) and I can't get it to update... Please before telling me this questions was covered somewhere else, please understand that I have 2 children, including one little girl, who are presently with a female pedophile (catholic school teacher) and I don't have time for debates.... Here is the error:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/soju/crespo:2.3.6/GRK39F/189904:user/release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/soju/crespo:4.0.3/IML74K/239410:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)
Installation aborted..

What do I do about it?
You are in the wrong forum. This is the Galaxy Nexus forum.

I'd flash the factory image instead.

aver1234
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauenheim View Post
You are in the wrong forum. This is the Galaxy Nexus forum.

I'd flash the factory image instead.

Sorry, what is the right forum? And, I came here because you are way more advanced than I. I have been a PC tech not a phone tech.. How would I flash the factory image? (and I imagine your correct as it sounds like this would overwrite the entire problem)..

Beauenheim
Old
(Last edited by Beauenheim; 16th May 2014 at 04:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...cs-gb-t1572307
Factory images are here, as well as instructions. Flash for whichever is your device.

Looks like from your build.prop, you have a soju. You'll want to flash 4.1.2 (JZO54K) for the Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020t and i9023)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-s
Here is the subforum for the Nexus S.

I'm a PC technician too, have been engaged with technology since I was 15 months old, built my first PC with my dad when I as 8! I'm working on my Windows cert right now too!

Android is fun to work on as well, but I'm no developer.