Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus S Will Not Update

OP aver1234

16th May 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Barely used Nexus S (used by someone else) and I can't get it to update... Please before telling me this questions was covered somewhere else, please understand that I have 2 children, including one little girl, who are presently with a female pedophile (catholic school teacher) and I don't have time for debates.... Here is the error:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/soju/crespo:2.3.6/GRK39F/189904:user/release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/soju/crespo:4.0.3/IML74K/239410:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)
Installation aborted..

What do I do about it?
16th May 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag Meridian, Idaho
Thanks Meter: 89

313 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aver1234

Barely used Nexus S (used by someone else) and I can't get it to update... Please before telling me this questions was covered somewhere else, please understand that I have 2 children, including one little girl, who are presently with a female pedophile (catholic school teacher) and I don't have time for debates.... Here is the error:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/soju/crespo:2.3.6/GRK39F/189904:user/release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/soju/crespo:4.0.3/IML74K/239410:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)
Installation aborted..

What do I do about it?

You are in the wrong forum. This is the Galaxy Nexus forum.

I'd flash the factory image instead.
16th May 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauenheim

You are in the wrong forum. This is the Galaxy Nexus forum.

I'd flash the factory image instead.

Sorry, what is the right forum? And, I came here because you are way more advanced than I. I have been a PC tech not a phone tech.. How would I flash the factory image? (and I imagine your correct as it sounds like this would overwrite the entire problem)..
16th May 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag Meridian, Idaho
Thanks Meter: 89

313 posts
Donate to Me
More
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...cs-gb-t1572307
Factory images are here, as well as instructions. Flash for whichever is your device.

Looks like from your build.prop, you have a soju. You'll want to flash 4.1.2 (JZO54K) for the Nexus S (worldwide version, i9020t and i9023)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-s
Here is the subforum for the Nexus S.

I'm a PC technician too, have been engaged with technology since I was 15 months old, built my first PC with my dad when I as 8! I'm working on my Windows cert right now too!

Android is fun to work on as well, but I'm no developer.
Last edited by Beauenheim; 16th May 2014 at 05:23 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread