Tip us?

Dwars
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy My nexus won't charge but recognize in PC

Hi

I have very strange issue in GNEX..I cant charge it via wall adapter or usb cable when connected to PC. but PC recognize as GNEX and I can transfer files within PC and phn..

Any idea to solve this ?

thanks
Phone -Samsung galaxy S2 -GT-I9100
Version - Unknown

Laptop - HP G62
OS - Win 8

bpyazel
Old
(Last edited by bpyazel; 22nd December 2013 at 06:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 50
I had this problem once. I tried replacing the usb port/flex cable on the device and it still didn't fix it. I think something on the motherboard failed to cause it.

I eventually just did an insurance replacement since I couldn't figure out a way to fix it.

If you are positive it's not the cables or battery, you might be out of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to bpyazel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azlan96
Old
Thanks Meter 5
motherboard failure as what Samsung service center and other repair shops told me, the repair costs will be higher than a brand new Galaxy Nexus. Still waiting for the Nexus 5 to arrive in my country before putting this phone to rest.

My temporary solution

The Following User Says Thank You to azlan96 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrJack1985
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try this "3M - 1625 - CLEANER" (Order Code:2135628) You can buy it in Farnell or any electronics shop I would post a link but I have to low posts. With some small brush and try to clean up the USB port.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrJack1985 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]