Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus X bootloop

Tip us?

Taylorsleep1
Old
(Last edited by Taylorsleep1; 4th April 2014 at 02:34 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt Nexus X bootloop

Ok so here it is. I never post things on XDA because usually if you take the time to read and do some searching through google you can resolve your problems.

Anyways here's my problem. I traded my Blackberry Z10 (piece of sh**) for a Galaxy Nexus at a pawn shop.
I was pretty happy to get my hands back to an android device and start flashing custom Roms and all that buzz.
It was instantly rooted when i got home, flashed a slimkat rom on there and had fun for a bit.

Then my data connection was not working, so i flashed an AOKP Rom over top of the old rom without wiping anything previously. I did make a backup through TWRP but then i couldn't touch the screen in TWRP (power button still locked it though) so i gave up with that and tried CWM. NOTHING.

Now, 5 fuc***g days later, after searching, downloading, flashing stock images, following directions. I am still staring into this annoying as hell "X" boot loop.

I swear to you that i have tried absolutely everything I can possibly do to get it to stop.

-downloaded about 3 different google factory images
-tryed to un-root and re-root
-tryed to wipe the boot.img, system.img, userdata, bootloader, recovery, cache
-re-locked and un-locked bootloader (oem)
-I have tryed two different toolkits (Wugg's and Skipsoft) and i swear i have pushed every god damn button on both toolkits by now
-I even called google just to see what they would say, they just got me to go into the stock recovery and factory reset and clear the cache part.
-then google support told me to call samsung , just so they could tell me to do the exact same thing as google.
-the drivers are all installed correctly, but it will only recognize it in fastboot
-I cant even try an adb logcat command to see what is happening because USB Debugging is not on (not like i can turn it on)

Please if you think there is something that i have not tried go ahead and shoot at me with some kind of direction

***UPDATE**** to anyone who is reading this

I have fixed the bootloop. all thanks to legija (SEE- (http) forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f634/unbrick-dead-samsung-gt-i9250-galaxy-nexus-gt-i9100g-gt-i9300-1465412/)

it had somthing to do with Omap. - LINK for omapflash- (http) d-h.st/XNv

if you may have the same problem as me follow these steps
1. Download the zip file created by Legija
2. Extract zip to whatever location you're comfortable with (I used Android directory)
3. Open up Device Manager (Hold down Windows Key, press R, the type in devmgmt.msc and press OK)
4. Go to actions menu, select Add Legacy Hardware
5. Choose install manually, then have disk. Browse to where you extracted the zip, select the 'inf' file in usb_drv_windows
6. Choose OMAP, you'll get a popup if on Win 7, continue anyway (driver not signed)
7. Once completed with driver, pull battery out of phone, then plug it into USB
8. Double click omap4460_tuna_hs_pro.bat to start the process. Once you see "Press any key to continue..." close the CMD window and proceed to step 9
9. Unplug from USB, put battery back in, and power-up!
10. Extra step - depending on what's been done, it may 'brick' again - suggest to do a restore or a wipe reinstall afterwards to be certain (mine bricked again next reboot)

xamxamas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,
I don't guaranteed if this works but maybe you could try Odin and reflash through your PC

Isiųsta naudojantis Galaxy Nexus Tapatalk 4 Lt

Taylorsleep1
Old
(Last edited by Taylorsleep1; 2nd April 2014 at 10:10 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamxamas View Post
Hi,
I don't guaranteed if this works but maybe you could try Odin and reflash through your PC

Išsiųsta naudojantis Galaxy Nexus Tapatalk 4 Lt
I can put into odin mode, but if i plug it into my computer the device inst recognized. It just stays at the "downloading... do not turn off target" screen. So im not to sure how i would go about re-flashing it.

But thank you for the reply. Sir

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Was your bootloader still unlocked when you tried to lock it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
Kernel: Stock Vanir

Taylorsleep1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
Was your bootloader still unlocked when you tried to lock it?

yes it was. would it make a difference?

Honestly i have even tried the ODIN program 2 different ways (just as xamxamas suggested) and now im thinking that the kernal has something to do with it.

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Well I think you have a fried eEMMC (your internal storage is dead). When you reboot everything was as it was before no matter what you did?

SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
Kernel: Stock Vanir