Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] odin mode, Start Downloading, DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET

Tip us?

@home
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Default [Q] odin mode, Start Downloading, DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET

As the title says - But how the hell do you get rid of it so that when you do the volume down & power button you get the default boot loader screen?

justin94
Old
Thanks Meter 68
How did u get into Odin? To get to the boot loader, pull the battery, reinsert it and hold down the volume down button and press the power button till it turns on. This should take u straight to the boot loader so u can enter cwm from there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

@home
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin94 View Post
How did u get into Odin? To get to the boot loader, pull the battery, reinsert it and hold down the volume down button and press the power button till it turns on. This should take u straight to the boot loader so u can enter cwm from there

I did as you say but I end up in Odin, I didn't have out until I installed Manhattan ROM.
Not dissing his ROM, just want to get rid of Odin so I can send galaxy for repair

justin94
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Odin is built in. U can't just get rid of it. Keep over at rootzwiki for the one stop root/unroot utility

mbh87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,538

DONATE TO ME
Hold volume down and up plus power to get to the boot loader.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mbh87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArmanUV
Old
Thanks Meter 222
power + volume down + volume up = bootloader
power + volume down = odin
Galaxy Nexus GSM
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmanUV For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jayrod101
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default recovery mode

not only do you need to hold volume up+ volume down+ power, but I find that once the phone vibrates (after about 10 secs), you have to let off power but not the volume buttons.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayrod101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beekay201
Old
Thanks Meter 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin94
Odin is built in. U can't just get rid of it. Keep over at rootzwiki for the one stop root/unroot utility

greetings

just go to rootzwiki and do some more reading. you're just giving that forum bad rep coming in here, failing to understand what the op wanted (that can happen to anyone), giving bad advice, and in end you just had to advertise something, outside of xda, which does have in Galaxy Nexus Development the tools you mentioned. rootzwiki doesn't need this kind of attention. it's a pretty cool community, it stands its ground.

like some said, odin is volume down+power; bootloader/fastboot mode is volume down+volume up+power; recovery is volume up+power.

Sent from my TF201
hammerhead/omni-KTU84P/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-2.0.50.1.13
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/omni-KTU84P/custom#3.4.39
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)