Odin Mode?

OP mstyle88

26th May 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 1

69 posts
More
Hi I have a purely stock intl Galaxy Nexus, I believe it is the Yakajxw version. This morning I went to my messages app and it loaded up the Flickr App instead. When I hit back it constanly went to some other app. So I powered down my phone and powered it back up and now its in Oden Mode showing a "Downloading.. Do not turn of target!!"

Is this a simple update and Im fine or is it somehow 'bricked'? Any way of fixing this? I have no knowledge of android phones and its a very important weekend for me, cant go without the phone!!

Thanks!
27th May 2012, 04:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 36

320 posts
More
Mine did this once also. Use your volume controls until it says start. Then press the power button. Booted up just fine for me.

I'm also completely stock, unrooted, locked boot loader. I haven't had the desire to mod yet. I was on WP7 for 18 months and just recently came back to Android. I'm enjoying the stock experience so far. Modifications will come soon enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
27th May 2012, 04:48 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pueblo, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 5,568

2,369 posts
Donate to Me
More
ODIN is a method of flashing factory images.
It really isn't downloading anything (not exactly sure why it would say that...dumb.)
You PROBABLY held volume- while booting.
This will put you in odin.

You can just boot up...you haven't changed/hurt anything.
27th May 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,191

9,595 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstyle88

Hi I have a purely stock intl Galaxy Nexus, I believe it is the Yakajxw version. This morning I went to my messages app and it loaded up the Flickr App instead. When I hit back it constanly went to some other app. So I powered down my phone and powered it back up and now its in Oden Mode showing a "Downloading.. Do not turn of target!!"

Is this a simple update and Im fine or is it somehow 'bricked'? Any way of fixing this? I have no knowledge of android phones and its a very important weekend for me, cant go without the phone!!

Thanks!

If it's taking you directly to that screen, your bootloader got corrupt somehow. Follow the instructions in this thread to re-set-up your device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubakuba

ODIN is a method of flashing factory images.
It really isn't downloading anything (not exactly sure why it would say that...dumb.)

I believe that it is called download mode because that is what it is doing: odin downloads the partition images to the device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread