5,597,198 Members 42,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Odin stock ROM file DIY (JB4.2.1) for Mobile ODIN?

Tip us?

YogiCrusher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Odin stock ROM file DIY (JB4.2.1) for Mobile ODIN?

Hi Folks,

sorry I'm having trouble finding instructions on how to do this, for maguro I was only able to find Odin 4.0.4 restore, which doesn't seem to be working for me, tried to flash 4.0.4 ODIN ROM img on rooted 4.2.1 GNEX - after flash 4.2.1 boots up, still rooted, also recovery doesn't work, surprise of the century

My question is following:
1. Can I simply go here: --->developers.google.com/android/nexus/images<---- and download what I need,
2. Then unpack the TGZ, put all the files in single TAR while renaming them to look like 4.0.4 ODIN files do,
3. upload the TAR to /mnt/sdcard

and flash it with Mobile ODIN?

background is I noticed this morning micro USB port in my GNEX/i9250 died completely, so looking on how to do this via Mobile ODIN... then I can bring the phone back to repair shop.

Rgds,
Y.

YogiCrusher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default some success....

hmm, impatient but force is strong in me, so I just went for it. looks like the anwer is YES and NO
YES because it takes the prepped file and says it's going to flash it, reboots, saying flashing blahblah (quickscroll, tough to read) etc
NO because it doesn't do anything except bringing your boot ROM to factory defaults...

sort of YES because I tried flashing only one img at a time, for obvious reasons needed recovery restored, so clicked on recovery (partition) option in Mobile Odin and it allowed me to select the full TAR file, flashed it and I got my recovery back!

so all good, but the remaining question is:
which way/which order to flash the factory image (all img files in the TGZ) with Mobile Odin to have a "unrooted-stock-like" install and not to loose mobile Odin too early (during wipe/reinstall of img files)?

Thx for any responses!

Rgds,Y.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
You don't need ODIN, just flash the factory image using fastboot
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

YogiCrusher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
You don't need ODIN, just flash the factory image using fastboot
ahuh, great...how do I do that without USB?

btw. I think I figured out the problem why mobile odin didn't work. I will post the step-by-step/summary later

mnickandros
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCrusher View Post
ahuh, great...how do I do that without USB?

btw. I think I figured out the problem why mobile odin didn't work. I will post the step-by-step/summary later
I'm having the same problem. How did you figure it out?

namtombout
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Tried pm'ing the developer?

namtombout ebonically translated is "know what im talking about"
I AM WHO I AM

YogiCrusher
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
sorry I only thought I did, but noooo.... anyway I used fastboot in the end
...but still learned a few interesting things...

yeah I guess PMing dev is the best...need to get my money back....or try to resuscitate your usb port like I did - similar to this yt video, needle method: -->www-you-tube-com/watch?v=R6p0Eg-yq3A<--- , it died again 2 mins after 'fastboot oem lock'

mobile odin...do note: I was able to flash single partition, done this for recovery partition, still it's quite risky or even impossible this way?
verified as much that state of the bootloader lock has no affect on odin, i.e it doesn't work whatever the setting and how you set it, I used bootunlocker, here on the forums there is a "dd method" which does exactly the same (flipping 1 bit in 1 place).

btw. flash/mix of different rom / boot / loader / recovery versions... in case sbd would get the idea to mix boot 4.0 with rom 4.2, might not always be a good idea I guess

one last thing: seems essentially the update files for mobile odin can be created exactly in the way described in the first post.