5,598,908 Members 30,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: If you see a member of higher ranks, do you instantly have more respect?
Yes 2 20.00%
No 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

[Off-topic] If you see a member of higher ranks, do you instantly have more respect?

Tip us?

MBQ_
Old
(Last edited by MBQ_; 6th February 2013 at 09:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22927

DONATE TO ME
Default [Off-topic] If you see a member of higher ranks, do you instantly have more respect?

Hey guys.

I've been thinking about this, and it got me wondering..

If you see someone with a Recognized Contributor title, Recognized Developer title, or anything else higher than 'senior member' do you find yourself having more respect for those types of people versus a senior member telling you something? This applies to questions being answered, opinions, or any other given situation. If this thread gets 'popular' I'll throw up a poll.

Also, please do us all a favor and elaborate on the reason(s) why you said yes, no, or anything of the like.

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
So long as the answer applies to the question asked, no
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBQ_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22927

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Off-topic] If you see a member of higher ranks, do you instantly have more respe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
So long as the answer applies to the question asked, no
What do you mean by that, and why?

Also forgot to mention people should elaborate. My bad, editing the OP now..

Edit: OP=edited

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Basically, if someone posts a question and it's answered properly I don't care if the answer came from a n00b or an RC. I'd be more inclined to accept an RC answer than a lesser rank if there was some doubt, though
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBQ_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22927

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Off-topic] If you see a member of higher ranks, do you instantly have more respe

Quote:
Basically, if someone posts a question and it's answered properly I don't care if the answer came from a n00b or an RC. I'd be more inclined to accept an RC answer than a lesser rank if there was some doubt, though
Okay, your last sentence was the initial I was looking for. You make an awesome point though man!

MBQ_
Old
(Last edited by MBQ_; 6th February 2013 at 09:06 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22927

DONATE TO ME

Nevermind

02ranger
Old
Thanks Meter 473

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQsniper View Post
Hey guys.

I've been thinking about this, and it got me wondering..

If you see someone with a Recognized Contributor title, Recognized Developer title, or anything else higher than 'senior member' do you find yourself having more respect for those types of people versus a senior member telling you something? This applies to questions being answered, opinions, or any other given situation. If this thread gets 'popular' I'll throw up a poll.

Also, please do us all a favor and elaborate on the reason(s) why you said yes, no, or anything of the like.

Thanks!

I find myself looking at that a lot, actually. Especially if there are conflicting answers from different ranks.

edfunkycold
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4293

Quote:
Exactly what he said. *footnote being there are lots of senior members that if you look at their info have been members since 2007 but have very little posts and thanks. And their questions or answers very often reflect that. So I tend to look at that as well when trying to decide if I'm going to take their opinion seriously or as pertinent as someone else.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to edfunkycold For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBQ_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22927

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ranger View Post
I find myself looking at that a lot, actually. Especially if there are conflicting answers from different ranks.
It seems like the higher ranks get more respect

neerajvd
Old
Thanks Meter 165

Interesting question..
Usually respect comes out of combination of their rank, number of posts and thanks.
Also when you follow particular threads like a hawk, the members worth respecting are visible on every next page.

Sent from my Vanilla Rootbox Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

You either own a Nexus. or you own nothing
GNex powered by: Paranoid Android 4+
Mods: BEATS + XLOUDER , Zenyth V3 , HOLO GLASS , Blacked Out GApps
Nexus 7: Stock KitKat

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neerajvd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]