5,606,201 Members 32,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep Official CM or come back to Stock???

Tip us?

Jerber
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Keep Official CM or come back to Stock???

I'm facing a terrible and insane battery drain with the official CM10.2!, It looks like the "phone" process is the problem, when Airplane mode is Off, the "phone" process kills the battery, about 10% in just a few minutes!, Idle state is useless too, in just 7 hours my phone lost more than 40% of battery, (in stock 4.3 it used to be around 2-4%!!!) I checked almost everything, the typical problem with the "google service" and with "locations", the sync, vibration, system sounds, haptic feedback etc, the only solution is turn on the airplane mode, but that has no sense...
I disabled some options such as browser, voice dialing, movie studio, mail and apollo cuz I don't use them, but the problem is still there.
The only one "no common" app in my phone is "Xposed", with "Smooth System Progress Bars","Tinted Statusbar" and "YouTube AdAway", I was using Gravitybox too but I thought it was the problem, so I deleted it.
CM10.2 is really fast and runs smooth, but with that battery drain is IMPOSIBLE to keep it for a long time :S!

What I should do? keep looking for the problem or switch again to stock rom?

beekay201
Old
Thanks Meter 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerber View Post
I'm facing a terrible and insane battery drain with the official CM10.2!, It looks like the "phone" process is the problem, when Airplane mode is Off, the "phone" process kills the battery, about 10% in just a few minutes!, Idle state is useless too, in just 7 hours my phone lost more than 40% of battery, (in stock 4.3 it used to be around 2-4%!!!) I checked almost everything, the typical problem with the "google service" and with "locations", the sync, vibration, system sounds, haptic feedback etc, the only solution is turn on the airplane mode, but that has no sense...
I disabled some options such as browser, voice dialing, movie studio, mail and apollo cuz I don't use them, but the problem is still there.
The only one "no common" app in my phone is "Xposed", with "Smooth System Progress Bars","Tinted Statusbar" and "YouTube AdAway", I was using Gravitybox too but I thought it was the problem, so I deleted it.
CM10.2 is really fast and runs smooth, but with that battery drain is IMPOSIBLE to keep it for a long time :S!

One question, are you using a SIM with this device?

Disable Airplane mode. Check for wakelocks with BBS (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179809) - use the thread to understand what wakelocks are and learn how to deal with them.

Could be Xposed framework, I don't know. One way to go about that would be wiping data, formatting /system, and reflashing CM10.2 (whatever you flashed before or downloading another nightly or whatever you want and flash that instead)

Are you flashing compatible gapps right? Note, CM10.2 is 4.3, not 4.4.x.
hammerhead/Omni-KOT49H/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)
The Following User Says Thank You to beekay201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndyYan
Old
Thanks Meter 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerber View Post
Backup and reflash the ROM to see if there's a hardware issue (likely not). Also, check for wakelocks.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Nexus @ CM11

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (CM11 Nightly)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jerber
Old
(Last edited by Jerber; 2nd January 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay201 View Post
One question, are you using a SIM with this device?

Disable Airplane mode. Check for wakelocks with BBS (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179809) - use the thread to understand what wakelocks are and learn how to deal with them.

Could be Xposed framework, I don't know. One way to go about that would be wiping data, formatting /system, and reflashing CM10.2 (whatever you flashed before or downloading another nightly or whatever you want and flash that instead)

Are you flashing compatible gapps right? Note, CM10.2 is 4.3, not 4.4.x.
Yes!, my GN is GSM and I use a Sim card, but I never had a problem before with stock rom
And yes, I Know CM10.2 is 4.3
I installed CM with the CMInstaller, so, I think rom and gapps are correct

I did the next after install "BBS"

1: Delete Xposed third modules = still insane drain battery (BBS says Phone is always awake, so weird)
2: Delete Xposed module itself = battery drain reduced a LOT, but the drain is still high (BBS says Phone is awake all time yet...but the drain is about 6%/hour, so in 5 hours my phone lost more than 20%)
3: Disable mobile data = battery drain seems almost disappeared!, Im still checking (using wi-fi enabled) (BBS says that phone NOW changed from always awake to Deep sleep!)

So I can say that Xposed was a big problem, but there is a problem when "mobile data" is On, and the phone never change to deeps sleep...

So, I dont know how to fix the problem, or what I should do, I really need mobile data active, is something essential

Any ideas guys? I really like this room, phone runs amazing but this annoying problem makes me crazy!

Jerber
Old
(Last edited by Jerber; 3rd January 2014 at 02:47 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Well, I'm gonna install again the CM rom, a clean install,if the problem keeps on it I will be forced to switch again to other rom...(with this about flash a few times, sometimes I think I'm gonna screw up my phone :/) but I have a doubt, I want to try AOKP rom, Can I Install the Official AOKP through CM? (I mean, install the rom with CWM)