[Q] OTA Update went wrong? no camera

Search This thread

agpoli

Dec 8, 2010
Hi!

I'm trying to revive a Galaxy Nexus for 2 days now. The story:

Prelude:
- it's a Samsung model not a Google one (GSM)
- it's SIM-locked

What happened:
I found out that the Samsung variants could be converted to Google. The fxxkDocomo app needs an older Android version (4.0.4). So I decided to download the factory image for "yakju", 4.0.4 and 4.3. With the Nexus Root Toolkit I've rooted the device and installed the TWRP recovery. Rebooted into recovery and made a backup. After that I've unlocked the bootloader and flashed the stock factory image (4.0.4). Then after rooting the device I've used the FxxkDocomo app to get rid of the SIM-lock. The phone booted up fine and made some test calls to make sure it worked. It did. After that the phone got the OTA updates, and made it to 4.3. (4.0.4 -> 4.1.2 -> 4.2.1 > 4.3)

The problem: Camera and Gallery stopped working, FC or just black screen, nothing else. Even Flashlight apps from Play doesn't work anymore. Tried to flash several official Android factory images (4.0.4, 4.2.2, 4.3) with the Nexus Root Toolkit and also manually with Fastboot method, but the camera still doesnt work. Also tried deleting the Gallery app data and cache and reboot, but didn't worked.

What should/could I do now?

agpoli

Dec 8, 2010
Today I disassembled the phone. Water damage almost everywhere... Cleaned up properly and now it works. For how long? I don't know, it looked pretty-pretty bad.

Thanks spinninbsodfor trying to help me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flashing a custom Rom

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk