XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Permanently Bricked?

Tip us?

The Gene
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Permanently Bricked?

I searched everywhere on couldn't find a solution.

I wiped my galaxy nexus to install a new rom but couldn't find it on my storage and rebooted the system to check where I put it. Yes, I forgot to reinstall the software. This normally isn't a problem since I'd use the volume buttons to boot into bootloader to try again. The problem is, my volume up button hasn't worked for a while now. I can't use adb since it doesn't boot into android to do it either.

Basically, can I boot into bootloader without the volume up button or is there a different solution to my problem or is my phone SOL?

Thanks

saishyamk
Old
(Last edited by saishyamk; 6th December 2013 at 08:46 AM.) Reason: Forgot to add something
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gene View Post
I searched everywhere on couldn't find a solution.

I wiped my galaxy nexus to install a new rom but couldn't find it on my storage and rebooted the system to check where I put it. Yes, I forgot to reinstall the software. This normally isn't a problem since I'd use the volume buttons to boot into bootloader to try again. The problem is, my volume up button hasn't worked for a while now. I can't use adb since it doesn't boot into android to do it either.

Basically, can I boot into bootloader without the volume up button or is there a different solution to my problem or is my phone SOL?

Thanks
Yes.I think you can. Download the Nexus Root Toolkit by wugfresh. Make sure the adb and fast boot drivers are installed in you PC before you proceed.

Select the Sofbricked or not booting option and do the Flash Stock+unroot. This should being u back to stock You can go ahead with rooting or anything else you want after this.

The Gene
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by saishyamk View Post
Yes.I think you can. Download the Nexus Root Toolkit by wugfresh. Make sure the adb and fast boot drivers are installed in you PC before you proceed.

Select the Sofbricked or not booting option and do the Flash Stock+unroot. This should being u back to stock You can go ahead with rooting or anything else you want after this.
Thanks for the reply, and eventhough the toolkit doesn't work since it needs me to manually boot into the bootloader, it did tell me to use odin.

Odin worked a charm and it took a bit to find the Verizon version, but when I did worked fast and easily. Since I can't post links yet, [VZW][ODIN] Files Needed for Odin w/Instructions on rootwiki sorted me out.

saishyamk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gene View Post
Thanks for the reply, and eventhough the toolkit doesn't work since it needs me to manually boot into the bootloader, it did tell me to use odin.

Odin worked a charm and it took a bit to find the Verizon version, but when I did worked fast and easily. Since I can't post links yet, [VZW][ODIN] Files Needed for Odin w/Instructions on rootwiki sorted me out.
Glad you sorted it out!