Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,814 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recent apps chooses wrong app

Tip us?

djexacto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Recent apps chooses wrong app

This happens to me maybe one in 10-20 times I use the task switcher soft key. I press the key, press the task I wish to switch to, and another task launches instead. It's always one that is in the switcher, sometimes a very recent one, like 3rd up the list, but sometimes it's from a while ago, like 10 up the list. Had this issue on multiple roms and kernels.

Anyone else?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

djexacto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I'm seriously the only one, or is this already discussed somewhere?

mark manning
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 11th October 2012 at 04:31 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,231

DONATE TO ME
I haven't seen this discussed before which probably means it isn't a common issue. Have you tried asking in the thread of whatever rom you are using ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One

95Z28
Old
Thanks Meter 236
I don't know if you're the only one, but its certainly never happened to me. Always opens the app I touch. I'm going to guess if you're not the only one you're definitely one of a rare few, as I've never seen anyone else state such a problem.

danielsaenz
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Happens to my on AOKP JB Build 4. Either that or it doesn't switch the app (although the app switcher goes away). Usually happens with YouTube though, whether I'm switching from/to YouTube.
Shadow > Dash 3G > G1 > Cliq XT > Nexus One > Captivate > Inspire > Galaxy S II > Vivid > Lumia 900 > One XL > Galaxy Nexus > Galaxy S III > Nexus 4

djexacto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I'm on affinity right now, but it's also happened to me on liquid smooth. I will ask in appropriate thread, just wanted to see if it was known or not.

Anthonok
Old
Thanks Meter 182
I've had it happen on both my N7 and Gnex. Both running different ROMs

akira02rex
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 355
It happens to me. I always thought it was because I wasn't allowing enough time for the task switcher list to "refresh". Ok, so lets say you click task switch button.. back out... then open an app... now tap task switch and select one of the apps really quickly - what happens is that it chooses the wrong one because it hasn't had a chance to refresh. It's like the graphical front end is different than the touch event for a split second before it refreshes the list of recent apps.

What I usually do is wait a second or two before choosing the app and this seems to have solved this problem for me... but it seems that the device shouldn't show anything until everything is completely refreshed. I seem to think this is where they were allowed to make the recent apps list open faster than it did in ICS. ICS opened up a refreshed list but JB opens faster and the list isn't totally refreshed behind the scenes.

djexacto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
That's a good observation. I started waiting a second or two before switching, and now it works good. I noticed I have to wait longer if my phone is lagging a bit or I have a few heavy apps running. Wish it would just work but oh well.

S.Phrenic
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Just like to add, I have the same problem... I'll try the patience .