FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

Phone lost signal and IMEI number..

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Track607, Junior Member on 30th June 2014, 09:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just randomly today, my Galaxy Nexus lost the signal to the network, its IMEI number and the baseband version.

It also keeps switching Airplane mode OFF and ON but there is no symbol for it on top.

The phone is NOT rooted. What should I do?

Thanks.

EDIT: I reset the phone, wiping all the data, and that has not solved the problem.
Last edited by Track607; 30th June 2014 at 10:50 PM.
 
 
1st July 2014, 01:02 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track607

Just randomly today, my Galaxy Nexus lost the signal to the network, its IMEI number and the baseband version.

It also keeps switching Airplane mode OFF and ON but there is no symbol for it on top.

The phone is NOT rooted. What should I do?

Thanks.

EDIT: I reset the phone, wiping all the data, and that has not solved the problem.

Hardware problem you'll need a replacement.

Sorry...
1st July 2014, 09:08 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR3W5K1

Hardware problem you'll need a replacement.

Sorry...

How do you know? Can you explain?

This happened out of the blue, randomly.. the phone wasn't dropped or damaged.
1st July 2014, 09:16 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track607

How do you know? Can you explain?

This happened out of the blue, randomly.. the phone wasn't dropped or damaged.

Well to me it sounds like the /efs partition of your emmc is corrupt.

Either way as far as I know there is no way to restore efs without a prior backup.
1st July 2014, 10:13 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR3W5K1

Well to me it sounds like the /efs partition of your emmc is corrupt.

Either way as far as I know there is no way to restore efs without a prior backup.

But I thought there was a way to restore it without backing up the EFS folder..
1st July 2014, 10:30 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 257
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track607

But I thought there was a way to restore it without backing up the EFS folder..

Well for your sake I hope there is a way.

When this happened to me I had to get a new galaxy nexus.

Hopefully your right and someone can help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes