5,603,981 Members 43,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone wonŽt boot (stock recovery)

Tip us?

defusiq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Phone wonŽt boot (stock recovery)

Hi,
I am using custom rom (CM11 unofficial) and I flashed the kernel with Franco Kernel r394. The installation went fine but now I cant boot into custom rom, stuck at CM logo. Of course I used just temporary CWM and now I have stock recovery.

Is there any way to flash stock kernel or what should I do?

I tried find simmilar topic to this but without succes. I appreciate any help and any answer.
Thanks

Ashtrix
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by defusiq View Post
Hi,
I am using custom rom (CM11 unofficial) and I flashed the kernel with Franco Kernel r394. The installation went fine but now I cant boot into custom rom, stuck at CM logo. Of course I used just temporary CWM and now I have stock recovery.

Is there any way to flash stock kernel or what should I do?

I tried find simmilar topic to this but without succes. I appreciate any help and any answer.
Thanks
Download the skip soft toolkit and do a fastboot flashing of stock google image of 4.3JWR66Y last official update (U can get the toolkit download that for you ) and flash a custom recovery then do flash a new rom/kernel .

[Kernel] -Testing-
[Device] Nexus Prime
[ROM] SlimKAT 4.4.2 -- v4.6
[Recovery] PhilZ_Touch v6.12.8 CWM
[Bootloader] - PrimeLC03
[Baseband] - XXLA2

[Old devices] -- iPhone 2G > Droid > Galaxy S
Hit thanks if anyone had helped you !

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashtrix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

defusiq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtrix View Post
Download the skip soft toolkit and do a fastboot flashing of stock google image of 4.3JWR66Y last official update (U can get the toolkit download that for you ) and flash a custom recovery then do flash a new rom/kernel .
Device mode cannot be detected.
I couldnt reinstall the drivers properly because I cant even set the USB Debugging mode when I cant boot to rom. My PC doesnt recognize the phone. I tried install it even with "Nexus Root Toolkit". Before everything was fine, ADB and the fastboot.

BTW: Should I try to install it when the device is turned off, in recovery mode (still stock, odin mode) or when its trying to boot?

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by defusiq View Post
Device mode cannot be detected.
I couldnt reinstall the drivers properly because I cant even set the USB Debugging mode when I cant boot to rom. My PC doesnt recognize the phone. I tried install it even with "Nexus Root Toolkit". Before everything was fine, ADB and the fastboot.

BTW: Should I try to install it when the device is turned off, in recovery mode (still stock, odin mode) or when its trying to boot?
Go to bootloader, flash latest cwm using fastboot, boot into recovery and reflash ROM..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
The Following User Says Thank You to mrgnex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

defusiq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
Go to bootloader, flash latest cwm using fastboot, boot into recovery and reflash ROM..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

My PC still cant see any device in Fastboot or ADB mode, IŽll try it again tomorow.
Still thanks guys.

Ashtrix
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Try to get into odin otherwise then flash all the pit and phone files from that u can get drivers installed from the skipsoft toolkit (latest one from mskip best one) then flash a custom .img recovery to recovery partition, then flash any custom ROM

P.S : First install the drivers from the skipsoft toolkit **MUST**!!

[Kernel] -Testing-
[Device] Nexus Prime
[ROM] SlimKAT 4.4.2 -- v4.6
[Recovery] PhilZ_Touch v6.12.8 CWM
[Bootloader] - PrimeLC03
[Baseband] - XXLA2

[Old devices] -- iPhone 2G > Droid > Galaxy S
Hit thanks if anyone had helped you !

The Following User Says Thank You to Ashtrix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

defusiq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtrix View Post
Try to get into odin otherwise then flash all the pit and phone files from that u can get drivers installed from the skipsoft toolkit (latest one from mskip best one) then flash a custom .img recovery to recovery partition, then flash any custom ROM

P.S : First install the drivers from the skipsoft toolkit **MUST**!!
My nex is back!! Thanks guys very much!
For future googlers, this guide helped me too (only GSM): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2065470
Now the first thing I will do is flash CWM permanently to wont let this happen again.

The Following User Says Thank You to defusiq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]