Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone won't load past boot screen/ How to back up photos

Tip us?

pinkdot121424
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Phone won't load past boot screen/ How to back up photos

My phone is stuck on the boot screen (it's rooted and i have clockwork mod) and normally when this happens, i would just factory reset and it would work just fine but all my photos would be wiped. This time I have really important photos that I didn't back up so I was wondering how I could back it up. Unfortunately I didn't have debugging mode enabled so it doesn't show up when i plug the phone into my laptop

What can I do to backup my photos?

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1,522

DONATE TO ME
a factory reset/data wipe(NOT the one that wipes the ENTIRE /data partition, I use twrp I can't remember what they call it in cwm) might allow your device to boot by erasing userdata/settings/installed apps and such, BUT it leaves /data/media intact which is a link to /sdcard where all your photos are stored.
a factory img restore WILL WIPE ALL /data, so don't do THAT yet.

if you have any rom zips on device you can TRY booting recovery and install it and then try to see if it boots.
recently I got stuck at boot and had to reflash my commotio zip in order to boot device.
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!
The Following User Says Thank You to ashclepdia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]