Tip us?

cmx1958@yahoo.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
1. Why didn't you make a backup?
2. Why didn't you make sure you know how to get out of this situation before flashing new ROMs?
3. Search as there are LOTS of tutorials on how to use adb to side load a new ROM via CWM
I know how to use the adb to sideload a new ROM, thank you.
But please read my earlier post, in order to use adb, usb debugging mode must be enabled in android settings.
Mine is disabled, and i can't enable it now.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmx1958@yahoo.com View Post
But please read my earlier post, in order to use adb, usb debugging mode must be enabled in android settings.
If you think that then you have no idea on how adb works...

That is ONLY applicable when Android is running. As it's not, it's irrelevant...
Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H) | Bootloader: HHZ11d | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: M8974A-1.0.25.0.23 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!!

cupfulloflol
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmx1958@yahoo.com View Post
ADB should work in your custom recovery regardless of USB debugging being enabled or disabled.

I can't tell you how many times I have rebooted into recovery, wiped, then realized I forgot to put a file on my sdcard that I wanted to flash. I then use adb to push the file(s) from within the recovery.

Edit: I really need to refresh prior to responding.

cmx1958@yahoo.com
Old
(Last edited by cmx1958@yahoo.com; 19th February 2013 at 12:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
so i can't get adb working because of the driver? thats why i got "waiting for device" when pushing file to phone?

edit: i've installed all the required drivers, it's not my 1st time doing it. MAYBE, this computer never connected to my gnex before, as i've formatted it a few days ago. So the gnex driver was not properly installed.. Is it possible?

bodh
Old
Thanks Meter 81
If that version of cm 10 is for 4.2.2., then i think you may have an issue accessing adb without first getting the rsa verification, even in recovery (but im not sure). Looks like your only other option would be to fastboot flash stock images. And of course it sounds like driver issues, especially if your fastboot is not even working. Again, that link I posted will get you back up and running. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1626895