Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,231 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No power button = can't turn phone on

Tip us?

caiowatanabe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] No power button = can't turn phone on

So, I've had the problem with the power button, as it seems a common issue between Nexus users. It just stopped working over time, so I started to use alternatives to the power button. Now, I dropped the phone and the battery popped out and I can't turn the phone back on because the button isn't working. Is there any way to turn my phone on without using the power button? (replacing the button is my last resort, because I live in Brazil and I'd have to import it and it would too expensive)

Thanks in advance

zSelenio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
you've tried to attach it to the charger? I had the same problem with the old nexus s...

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk

bpyazel
Old
Thanks Meter 50
There is a way, but it's a PITA to get it to work. I had to do it until my replacement power button arrived.

You put the battery in. Then you plug in the usb while it's plugged into a computer on the other end (I don't know why it doesn't work with an ac adapter but I could never get it to work with one). Wait for the charging animation (not the picture with the bolt, but the actual animation where it looks like it's filling that comes after). Yank the battery mid animation. Put it back in before the animation disappears. If you're lucky, within a few seconds you will feel a vibration and the the phone will begin booting. If not, try the process again.

Good luck.

caiowatanabe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpyazel View Post
There is a way, but it's a PITA to get it to work. I had to do it until my replacement power button arrived.

You put the battery in. Then you plug in the usb while it's plugged into a computer on the other end (I don't know why it doesn't work with an ac adapter but I could never get it to work with one). Wait for the charging animation (not the picture with the bolt, but the actual animation where it looks like it's filling that comes after). Yank the battery mid animation. Put it back in before the animation disappears. If you're lucky, within a few seconds you will feel a vibration and the the phone will begin booting. If not, try the process again.

Good luck.
I got some luck and the button just decided to work for once, I just kept pressing it for like 30min or so and then it worked. I'll definitely try your sugestion if I get f*cked again. thanks.
Tags
power button broken, power button not working