Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Power up GNEX from PC?

Tip us?

denogginizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Power up GNEX from PC?

Hello all, long-time lurker first post.
I bought my Verizon GNEX on the day it came out and have loved it since.
Yesterday the power button stopped working.
I tried the method of removing the battery, plugging into PC, then putting the battery back in but no dice.
So, now the phone is powered down and I can't turn it on with the bad power button.

Is there a way to power up the GNEX from a PC?

The phone is on 4.4.3 with an older Vanir ROM that has been running stable for a few months at least.
Any help you can give is appreciated.
Thanks!

cy726
Old
Thanks Meter 0
concerned about that.
mine is not so reliable either...

cqloveqc
Old
Thanks Meter 15
If you have already enable developper option, yes, you can power up it by pc, using adb, for detail, you can search adb at this forum,

denogginizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqloveqc View Post
If you have already enable developper option, yes, you can power up it by pc, using adb, for detail, you can search adb at this forum,
Thank you. That points me in the right direction. I will try that.

runandhide05
Old
(Last edited by runandhide05; 1st July 2014 at 01:45 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2394

DONATE TO ME
There is a thread for this. Saw it the other day. It's an older one but in said thread several people have reported ways that work for some.
In short plug the charger in. Wait for the lightning battery icon then pull the charger. It takes several attempts but it's worth a try and a search.

Also haveing debugging on isn't going to make a difference because it's off... And there are no adb commands to turn on your device

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ve-to-t1731128

sent from(:::::

denogginizer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
There is a thread for this. Saw it the other day. It's an older one but in said thread several people have reported ways that work for some.
In short plug the charger in. Wait for the lightning battery icon then pull the charger. It takes several attempts but it's worth a try and a search.

Also haveing debugging on isn't going to make a difference because it's off... And there are no adb commands to turn on your device

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ve-to-t1731128

sent from(:::::
Thank you.
I have searched and tried that technique and another where you take the battery out of the phone. plug it into your USB (without battery) wait for computer to beep. Put the battery back into your phone.
I have also disassembled the phone and checked the contacts for the power button (they looked good).
So far , no dice.
Thanks again

DR3W5K1
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by denogginizer View Post
Thank you.
I have searched and tried that technique and another where you take the battery out of the phone. plug it into your USB (without battery) wait for computer to beep. Put the battery back into your phone.
I have also disassembled the phone and checked the contacts for the power button (they looked good).
So far , no dice.
Thanks again
Hey Buddy check this out

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EPB...&robot_redir=1