Post Reply

(Q) Efs backup

5th January 2012, 10:36 AM   |  #1  
thay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Is there any valid reason for backup EFS in galaxy nexus ?
In other samsung devices efs is stored in the / dir but in this device is different.
5th January 2012, 01:37 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 30
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Its also good to have backups, incase something gets corrupted its nice to have it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352371
Last edited by Goat_For_Sale; 5th January 2012 at 01:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goat_For_Sale For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #3  
thay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat_For_Sale

Its also good to have backups, incase something gets corrupted its nice to have it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352371

Test but what is the correct way to backup and to restore ?
5th January 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
The image backup would probably serve you best. Rooted, ADB, and busybox installed:

Backup
Code:
adb shell
su
busybox dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/efs of=/data/media/my_efs_backup.img
Restore
Code:
adb shell
su
busybox dd if=/data/media/my_efs_backup.img of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/efs
I should mention that this puts an image backup at the root of the internal sd. You will want to copy this off and save it somewhere safe, preferrably multiple places.
Last edited by silow; 5th January 2012 at 08:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to silow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2012, 09:15 PM   |  #5  
thay's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
457 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silow

The image backup would probably serve you best. Rooted, ADB, and busybox installed:

Backup

Code:
adb shell
su
busybox dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/efs of=/data/media/my_efs_backup.img
Restore
Code:
adb shell
su
busybox dd if=/data/media/my_efs_backup.img of=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/efs
I should mention that this puts an image backup at the root of the internal sd. You will want to copy this off and save it somewhere safe, preferrably multiple places.

Very well fine thank's
This info is important and should be highlighted for prevent damage of imei after a bad flash
7th February 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Is there a way to backup efs without busybox installed?
7th February 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #7  
ArmanUV's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 222
 
825 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keneez

Is there a way to backup efs without busybox installed?

Use this instead to backup efs and radio:

Code:
adb shell
su
for i in efs radio
do
dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/${i} of=/sdcard/${i}.img &
done
9th March 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #8  
M7amad90's Avatar
Member
Flag UAE
Thanks Meter: 15
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmanUV

Use this instead to backup efs and radio:

Code:
adb shell
su
for i in efs radio
do
dd if=/dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/by-name/${i} of=/sdcard/${i}.img &
done

Do you have a GSM Nexus ? if so, can u upload the backup image ! i have a broken efs partition and i want to fix it
10th March 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #9  
M7amad90's Avatar
Member
Flag UAE
Thanks Meter: 15
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
btw is it possible to fix Corrupted efs with another one's working efs ?
mudferret
10th March 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #10  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M7amad90

btw is it possible to fix Corrupted efs with another one's working efs ?

Not legal (most likely) since you'd have a duplicate of their IMEI.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes