Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[q] a question about the imei code

OP L4oser

12th February 2012, 06:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Hi guys, I got a GN lately from HK,but I have a question about my phone,the IMEI code,I wonder is there any way to check my IMEI code whether it's been changed or coverd by tools. I tryed the code:*2767*3855#,but it dosen't work.
Thanks!

95
WiredPirate
12th February 2012, 06:46 AM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
I think it should be under the battery.
12th February 2012, 06:56 AM   |  #3  
martonikaj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715
 
7,850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Its printed on a sticker under the battery door. And its found in: Settings > About phone > Status > IMEI
12th February 2012, 07:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate

I think it should be under the battery.

Yes, there is an IMEI code under the battery, and normaly, you can check it by type "*#06# on your phone, but, as what I know, the tip about IMEI under the battery can be faked!
And ,once your IMEI code has been changed or faked,you can never find out the true info.about where and when your phone been factured.
Last edited by L4oser; 12th February 2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: More explane
12th February 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #5  
martonikaj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715
 
7,850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4oser

Yes, there is an IMEI code under the battery, and normaly, you can check it by type "*#06# on your phone, but, as what I know, the tip about IMEI under the battery can be faked!
And ,once your IMEI code has been changed or faked,you can never find out the true info.about where and when your phone been factured.

If the sticker has been changed, and they've somehow changed it in software (under about phone) then they've surely changed it any way that you can check by dialing a code into the dialer app... Check the sticker and compare it to the software and that's about how much you should worry about this.

Don't be so paranoid.
WiredPirate
12th February 2012, 07:27 AM   |  #6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
You must have bought it on Craigslist or worse like the black market or something!? Humor me and tell me what it is you are worried about? Like a drug dealer or a terrorist has your real imei code and your going to get indefinitely detained or something? I honestly don't understand.
12th February 2012, 07:38 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate

You must have bought it on Craigslist or worse like the black market or something!? Humor me and tell me what it is you are worried about? Like a drug dealer or a terrorist has your real imei code and your going to get indefinitely detained or something? I honestly don't understand.

ok, honestly, I'm not worried about the phone ,I just wonder why the code *2767*3855# dosn't work in the dialer app.....
WiredPirate
12th February 2012, 08:13 AM   |  #8  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4oser

ok, honestly, I'm not worried about the phone ,I just wonder why the code *2767*3855# dosn't work in the dialer app.....

If it helps you at all, I tried that code in my dialer and it did nothing for me either. I know my phone is legit, I purchased it from Verizon just recently and watched the guy take it out the box.
12th February 2012, 08:42 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiredPirate

If it helps you at all, I tried that code in my dialer and it did nothing for me either. I know my phone is legit, I purchased it from Verizon just recently and watched the guy take it out the box.

ok, thx, WiredPirate ! I think that code maybe not workable for GN,coz it works on I9100.
thank you all.
12th February 2012, 08:54 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
the code to check IMEI number is *#06#

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes