Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about 4.4 update

Tip us?

ghavas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Question about 4.4 update

i AM CURRENTLY RUNNING ANDROID 4.3 Shiny ROM on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus TORO...I was interested in running 4.4 and the newer kitkat versions of the roms but i know it will brick or soft brick my phone if i try to do it without updating...is there something i have to do first? go back to stock update to 4.4.4 and then re root? I am sorta a noob but i know some things about root. I dont do anything without researching first. Any questions or guidelines for me?

criza
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghavas View Post
i AM CURRENTLY RUNNING ANDROID 4.3 Shiny ROM on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus TORO...I was interested in running 4.4 and the newer kitkat versions of the roms but i know it will brick or soft brick my phone if i try to do it without updating...is there something i have to do first? go back to stock update to 4.4.4 and then re root? I am sorta a noob but i know some things about root. I dont do anything without researching first. Any questions or guidelines for me?
Just follow the instructions in the ShinyRom thread here
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/development/rom-6-4-14-shiny-rom-ota-stock-android-t2642375
and you won't have any troubles upgrading your ROM. It's easy and as you already have ShinyRom installed there shouldn't appear any problems!