Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Received update-to-4.0.4 notification, but my phone was already in 4.0.4

Tip us?

darkwhite2012
Old
(Last edited by darkwhite2012; 20th April 2012 at 11:37 PM.) Reason: update the result.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Received update-to-4.0.4 notification, but my phone was already in 4.0.4

Update: I executed the update and it advanced the build number to IMM76I

My phone is an european gsm one and came with yakjuxw 4.0.2. I live in US. I flashed it to stock yakju 4.0.4, following the great tutorial on this board (Thanks!). I actually used the "fastboot -w update image-yakju-imm76d.zip" command that flashes everything. That was about two weeks ago. The process went very smoothly with no errors whatsoever. I attached the screenshot that shows my phone indeed has 4.0.4.

But today I got a system update notification. I was excited thinking it must be the new 4.0.5. But I opened the notification and found it wanted to update to 4.0.4? Did this happen to anyone else? And should I perform the update?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-20-16-41-26.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	1016135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-20-16-41-00.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1016137  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkwhite2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

E15i
Old
Thanks Meter 21
maybe it is 4.0.4, but maybe it's an update to fix signal issues.
" ... We can do nothing but to see the times go by in the path which God has chosen ... "
Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) by SAMSUNG
Nexus 7 "nakasig" (GSM/HSPA+) by ASUS
The Following User Says Thank You to E15i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kara mustafa
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwhite2012 View Post
My phone is an european gsm one and came with yakjuxw 4.0.2. I live in US. I flashed it to stock yakju 4.0.4, following the great tutorial on this board (Thanks!). I actually used the "fastboot -w update image-yakju-imm76d.zip" command that flashes everything. That was about two weeks ago. The process went very smoothly with no errors whatsoever. I attached the screenshot that shows my phone indeed has 4.0.4.

But today I got a system update notification. I was excited thinking it must be the new 4.0.5. But I opened the notification and found it wanted to update to 4.0.4? Did this happen to anyone else? And should I perform the update?
Maybe it is a fix for data drops. Perform an update and if you can give us a screenshot.
The Following User Says Thank You to kara mustafa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rubiconjp
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Possibly IMM76I.. let us know.
LG Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 - yakju converted
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Captivate - CM7.1
Samsung Focus - Mango
Samsung Focus S - Mango
The Following User Says Thank You to rubiconjp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkwhite2012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default it is IMM76I!

You guys were absolutely right! I went ahead and executed the update. It only took a minute to finish, and my phone now has build number IMM76I! see the attached screen shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-20-18-12-37.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1016279  

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8029

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You guys were absolutely right! I went ahead and executed the update. It only took a minute to finish, and my phone now has build number IMM76I! see the attached screen shot
Would you please post the link to the file? Look in this file and see if you see any filename that ends with a .zip:

/data/data/com.google.android.gsf/shared_prefs/update.xml

Thanks!!
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

gunner1937
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Got the same today. In addition to the new build number that you mentioned there is a new Kernel version: 3.0.8-gda6252b and SMP PREEMPT Fri April 13......

Question: I am trying to get an answer that I cannot find.
When charging does a light appear (red for charging, green for charged)? My Nexus One shows a light on the upper right corner when the charger in on.
Google G1 - CM -7.2.0-DS
Google Nexus One - unlock - KK 4.4.1 evervolv
Nexus One - stock (hers)
Google Galaxy Nexus - Stock JB 4.3 - unlock - root
Nexus 7 - Stock JB 4.3 (hers)
Nexus 10 - Stock KK 4.4.2 - unlock - root
Nexus 4 - stock KK 4.4.2 (hers)
Nexus 5 - unlock - Stock KK 4.4.2
Google Glass
The Following User Says Thank You to gunner1937 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

darkwhite2012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Sure, but the update.xml does not contain any url. The entire content is as follow:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
-<map> <int value="0" name="status"/> <long value="1333929053309" name="provisioned"/> <int value="100" name="verify_progress"/> <long value="1334974986298" name="watchdog_deadline"/> </map>

(Somehow my phone was un-rooted after the update. I had to re-root the phone first to get the file. Do not if that would affect the file in anyway..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
Would you please post the link to the file? Look in this file and see if you see any filename that ends with a .zip:

/data/data/com.google.android.gsf/shared_prefs/update.xml

Thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to darkwhite2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8029

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sure, but the update.xml does not contain any url. The entire content is as follow:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
-<map> <int value="0" name="status"/> <long value="1333929053309" name="provisioned"/> <int value="100" name="verify_progress"/> <long value="1334974986298" name="watchdog_deadline"/> </map>

(Somehow my phone was un-rooted after the update. I had to re-root the phone first to get the file. Do not if that would affect the file in anyway..)
Thanks for trying. The best way to get it is in the logcat, but you would have had to do that before rebooting. Oh well.

And yes, every OTA update disables root.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3686
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner1937 View Post
Got the same today. In addition to the new build number that you mentioned there is a new Kernel version: 3.0.8-gda6252b and SMP PREEMPT Fri April 13......

Question: I am trying to get an answer that I cannot find.
When charging does a light appear (red for charging, green for charged)? My Nexus One shows a light on the upper right corner when the charger in on.
There isn't a charging light. Lightflow has the option to use the notification led as a charging indicator.