Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,680 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Received update-to-4.0.4 notification, but my phone was already in 4.0.4

Tip us?

king23adrianc
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
i m rooted and bootloader unlocked. so i can just flashed the yakju IMM76I from IMM76D zip in cwm and will root stays?

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,671
Wow, that is a tiny update.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,074

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by king23adrianc View Post
i m rooted and bootloader unlocked. so i can just flashed the yakju IMM76I from IMM76D zip in cwm and will root stays?
No. Every OTA update disables root. Just use OTA rootkeeper, or just reflash CWM and reflash su.zip. Instructions are in the post I linked to.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

king23adrianc
Old
Thanks Meter 140

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No. Every OTA update disables root. Just use OTA rootkeeper, or just reflash CWM and reflash su.zip. Instructions are in the post I linked to.
hmm.. should i check all status for the ota keeper??

hjarnsynk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I went from yakjuxw 4.0.2 to stock yakju 4.0.4 a week ago, and tonight I received this new 4.0.4 ota. But when I applied the update, the phone was rebooted and was stuck on a boot image with an Android and a red triangle sign placed on top. That didn't seem quite right.

After a few minutes it rebooted again, as normal, but I'm still on 4.0.4 IMM76D and now the update isn't found when checking for new updates. Anyone else with this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,074

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjarnsynk View Post
I went from yakjuxw 4.0.2 to stock yakju 4.0.4 a week ago, and tonight I received this new 4.0.4 ota. But when I applied the update, the phone was rebooted and was stuck on a boot image with an Android and a red triangle sign placed on top. That didn't seem quite right.

After a few minutes it rebooted again, as normal, but I'm still on 4.0.4 IMM76D and now the update isn't found when checking for new updates. Anyone else with this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Did you have the recovery image that came with IMM76D flashed to your device? Different versions of these typically do not allow the update to proceed automatically. Flash the one from the IMM76D factory file and it should work. Otherwise, flash CWM, and install it using that. Instructions in my sig.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

Google Nexus 5

The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hjarnsynk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Did you have the recovery image that came with IMM76D flashed to your device? Different versions of these typically do not allow the update to proceed automatically. Flash the one from the IMM76D factory file and it should work. Otherwise, flash CWM, and install it using that. Instructions in my sig.
Oops, yes, I skipped flashing the recovery image. But now I did (so maybe the next ota might work automatically?), and then I applied IMM76I using CWM as per your instructions. Thanks a lot!

Now let's just hope the signal drops are gone...

onthecouchagain
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Is it true that Yakju build GSM Galaxy Nexus phones are supposed to get the updates from Google within one week of rollout?

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,074

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Is it true that Yakju build GSM Galaxy Nexus phones are supposed to get the updates from Google within one week of rollout?
No. Where did you read that??

Google Nexus 5

hjarnsynk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjarnsynk View Post
Now let's just hope the signal drops are gone...
All gone here!