OP darkwhite2012

21st April 2012, 01:33 AM   |  #21  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 140

616 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

Thanks so much!! Link posted here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...37&postcount=1

i m rooted and bootloader unlocked. so i can just flashed the yakju IMM76I from IMM76D zip in cwm and will root stays?
21st April 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,673

9,620 posts
Wow, that is a tiny update.
21st April 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #23  
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,179

9,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by king23adrianc

i m rooted and bootloader unlocked. so i can just flashed the yakju IMM76I from IMM76D zip in cwm and will root stays?

No. Every OTA update disables root. Just use OTA rootkeeper, or just reflash CWM and reflash su.zip. Instructions are in the post I linked to.
21st April 2012, 01:47 AM   |  #24  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 140

616 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

No. Every OTA update disables root. Just use OTA rootkeeper, or just reflash CWM and reflash su.zip. Instructions are in the post I linked to.

hmm.. should i check all status for the ota keeper??
21st April 2012, 02:21 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 9

21 posts
More
I went from yakjuxw 4.0.2 to stock yakju 4.0.4 a week ago, and tonight I received this new 4.0.4 ota. But when I applied the update, the phone was rebooted and was stuck on a boot image with an Android and a red triangle sign placed on top. That didn't seem quite right.

After a few minutes it rebooted again, as normal, but I'm still on 4.0.4 IMM76D and now the update isn't found when checking for new updates. Anyone else with this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
21st April 2012, 02:29 AM   |  #26  
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow

9,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjarnsynk

I went from yakjuxw 4.0.2 to stock yakju 4.0.4 a week ago, and tonight I received this new 4.0.4 ota. But when I applied the update, the phone was rebooted and was stuck on a boot image with an Android and a red triangle sign placed on top. That didn't seem quite right.

After a few minutes it rebooted again, as normal, but I'm still on 4.0.4 IMM76D and now the update isn't found when checking for new updates. Anyone else with this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Did you have the recovery image that came with IMM76D flashed to your device? Different versions of these typically do not allow the update to proceed automatically. Flash the one from the IMM76D factory file and it should work. Otherwise, flash CWM, and install it using that. Instructions in my sig.
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 03:22 AM   |  #27  

21 posts
More
Quote:

Did you have the recovery image that came with IMM76D flashed to your device? Different versions of these typically do not allow the update to proceed automatically. Flash the one from the IMM76D factory file and it should work. Otherwise, flash CWM, and install it using that. Instructions in my sig.

Oops, yes, I skipped flashing the recovery image. But now I did (so maybe the next ota might work automatically?), and then I applied IMM76I using CWM as per your instructions. Thanks a lot!

Now let's just hope the signal drops are gone...
21st April 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 148

1,113 posts
Is it true that Yakju build GSM Galaxy Nexus phones are supposed to get the updates from Google within one week of rollout?
21st April 2012, 05:12 AM   |  #29  
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow

9,588 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain

Is it true that Yakju build GSM Galaxy Nexus phones are supposed to get the updates from Google within one week of rollout?

No. Where did you read that??
21st April 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #30  

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjarnsynk

Now let's just hope the signal drops are gone...

All gone here!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread