Watch This Now!

[Q] Reflash stock 4.3 without losing data

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By FreXxX, Junior Member on 8th February 2014, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

my GNex (GSM version) is running very, very slow at the moment. I already tried cleaning the cache and using LagFix, but as fstrim is already included in 4.3, that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm running stock 4.3, rooted but no tweaks or anything applied, root is only for Titanium Backup. My recovery is ClockworkMod non-touch.

So what I'm trying to do is to reflash the stock image as provided by Google, without loosing data, and I'm not sure which steps I should take and before I lose anything I wanted to check back with you if I miss anything.

So, here is how I would do it:

1: Unlock bootloader. It has been unlocked to root the phone, but is locked with the BootUnlocker app. (We don't wanna lose the unlocked bootloader, right?)

2: Nandroid backup. Can't hurt, I guess. Should not really be needed, but better safe than sorry.

3: Run a full Titanium Backup. Store it somewhere safe (not on the phone.)

4: Backup all the data from the device. Problem here is, Windows Explorer crashes if there are many files it should copy, so has anybody a idea how to overcome this?

5: Download factory image and flash it. There are enough tutorials on that around here.

6: Booting the device first time, but let it be offline and not adding a google account. (Is that right?)

7: Reroot the device. Also enough tutorials.

8: Let Titanium Backup work its magic.

9: Restore data to internal storage.

10: Add google-account.

So, is that right, the right order, did I miss anything? Thanks for your thoughts on this!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread