Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 47,326 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is your ADB working with the stock kernel after the 4.2.2 update?
Working fine, no issues 24 21.24%
Can no longer use adb 89 78.76%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

[Resolved] ADB No Longer Working on Android 4.2.2? - Update your ADB!

Tip us?

rickbosch
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Windows works fine for me. Maybe you changed something somewhere. I had 0 problems.
aosp

xaueious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Never changed anything on the phone. Fixed the issue though. I was using an older version of ADB: 1.0.31

Older versions don't support key RSA authentication.
Past devices: HTC Dream (Rogers), Acer Liquid E, HTC EVO3D GSM, HTC Panache (international myTouch4G), Huawei Ideos U8150, Rogers HTC Magic (myTouch3G variant)

Current devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM (i9250), ASUS Transformer TF300, Samsung Galaxy S3 i747m (Telus), Huawei Ideos S7

met67
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I also had this problem.
Then I deleted some spare copy of adb.exe and its dlls that where installed under \windows\ by some "do-it-all" tool and updated the adb tools with SDK-Manager.
After connecting to the PC, my GNexus asked for confirmation before allowing USB debugging and since then everything is fine
m.kochan10 Old
Thanks Meter
I updated android sdk tools on my mac today (before that I couldn't launch abd sideload update.zip) and haven't noticed any issues with adb/fastboot commands.

rickbosch
Old
Thanks Meter 612
AH, so it's the outdated ADB drivers playing up, perhaps good to mention in OP as a solution.
aosp

ak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 41156

DONATE TO ME
For me with stock kernel adb and fastboot ok.
I'm using bigxie rom deodex.

AK Power:

OnepOne Kernel: Link
Nexus 4 Kernel: Link
Nexus 7 Kernel: Link
Nexus G Kernel: Link
UK Manager: Link
Github: Link
Twitter: Link
Droid-hive: Link
Google+: Link

xaueious
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbosch View Post
AH, so it's the outdated ADB drivers playing up, perhaps good to mention in OP as a solution.
Done
Past devices: HTC Dream (Rogers), Acer Liquid E, HTC EVO3D GSM, HTC Panache (international myTouch4G), Huawei Ideos U8150, Rogers HTC Magic (myTouch3G variant)

Current devices: Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM (i9250), ASUS Transformer TF300, Samsung Galaxy S3 i747m (Telus), Huawei Ideos S7
The Following User Says Thank You to xaueious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HaZTuga
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It may seem obvious for some, but wasn't for me.
I flashed the upgrade, with the cable always connected then couldn't get adb to work. Just need to re-plug the cable for the prompt to show up

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3014
Is this new version in the latest Android SDK? If not, where can you get it from?
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

rickbosch
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Is this new version in the latest Android SDK? If not, where can you get it from?
Yes, it is in the new SDK.

On a side note, OP, the image you used and credited in the first post was mine, not manumanfred's.
aosp

The Following User Says Thank You to rickbosch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]