[Q] Restoring Samsung galaxy Nexus to factory with no backup files

Tip us?

04regency
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Restoring Samsung galaxy Nexus to factory with no backup files

Hello,
My wife broke her iphone 4s so she bought this samsung galaxy nexus off of someone on facebook. The phone is working fine but there are just some little things that are kinda annoying. The phone doesn't have the factory text messaging app and it doesn't show up even after we did a factory reset. So we were kinda just dealing with that, but when we tried to do the verison backup assistance and it wasn't on the phone and we couldn't find it on the app store I called verizon and they said it was supposed to be in the factory software and there is no way to download it. So I asked what the phones info was supposed to be and this is what she said.

build number: JDQ39
Baseband version: I151.10 V.FK01 / I515.FK02
kernel version: 3.0.31-g9f818de

This is what the phone currently is

build number: KOT49E
Kernel version: 3.0.72-ShinyROM-g7a04904 christian@christian-ubuntu #5

I just want to put it back to factory and from what I've read all I need to do is download the tool kit and it will restore it to factory software and unroot it?

Also since she had an iphone before she has had problems with people with iphones replying to her text messages. We already got on her iphone and shut the imessages off. is there anything else we are suppose to do?

Thank you in advance for all the help

Stupendousman2012
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04regency View Post
Hello,
My wife broke her iphone 4s so she bought this samsung galaxy nexus off of someone on facebook. The phone is working fine but there are just some little things that are kinda annoying. The phone doesn't have the factory text messaging app and it doesn't show up even after we did a factory reset. So we were kinda just dealing with that, but when we tried to do the verison backup assistance and it wasn't on the phone and we couldn't find it on the app store I called verizon and they said it was supposed to be in the factory software and there is no way to download it. So I asked what the phones info was supposed to be and this is what she said.

build number: JDQ39
kernel version: 3.0.31-g9f818de

This is what the phone currently is

build number: KOT49E
Kernel version: 3.0.72-ShinyROM-g7a04904 christian@christian-ubuntu #5

I just want to put it back to factory and from what I've read all I need to do is download the tool kit and it will restore it to factory software and unroot it?

Also since she had an iphone before she has had problems with people with iphones replying to her text messages. We already got on her iphone and shut the imessages off. is there anything else we are suppose to do?

Thank you in advance for all the help
Try the Nexus Root Toolkit. There is a flash stock and Unroot bitton that will do it for you.
As for the Iphone, I've heard that it can take up to a day for the messages to stop routing through iMessage. Has it been that long for you?