FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Q] Rogers CNAP (Name Display) on Galaxy Nexus

10,154 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,789

By efrant, Senior Moderator on 30th December 2011, 03:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anyone on Rogers have name display (not caller ID, but name display) working on a Galaxy Nexus?

If so, what build are you on?

Thanks.

EDIT: Call forwarding works fine -- it was a user error on my part. Original post modified.
Last edited by efrant; 16th April 2012 at 04:30 PM.

17th January 2012, 08:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Did you end up figuring it out on how to make it work? I really need this feature?
17th January 2012, 09:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svmagnum

Did you end up figuring it out on how to make it work? I really need this feature?

Neither CNAP nor call-forwarding seem to work on my device, and no one has answered my post. I will try asking in this thread.

EDIT: Figured out the call-forwarding issue. It was related to Rogers One Number. If you use One Number, you cannot use the phone's forwarding menu.
Last edited by efrant; 21st February 2012 at 08:03 PM.
17th January 2012, 09:19 PM |#4  

More
Here is what i was able to figure out But im a noob.
Cyanogenmod has an ICS update review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,11168 (im new user it doesnt let me post link) that enables the name display.

I beleive name display was incorporated into the Nexus S rom *Ultimate ICS v 3.0" so i was trying to figure out how to make that just an update to add a name display on the stock rom. Maybe you can help?
The Following User Says Thank You to svmagnum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2012, 09:57 PM |#5  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here is what i was able to figure out But im a noob.
Cyanogenmod has an ICS update review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,11168 (im new user it doesnt let me post link) that enables the name display.

I beleive name display was incorporated into the Nexus S rom *Ultimate ICS v 3.0" so i was trying to figure out how to make that just an update to add a name display on the stock rom. Maybe you can help?

Here is your link: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,11168

I'm not much of a coder, but hopefully someone can helps us out!
24th January 2012, 01:31 AM |#6  

More
I installed and CNAP is working on [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.1.4.
To make sure it saves in call log you have to use dialer one or simillar app from the market.
24th January 2012, 01:38 AM |#7  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I installed and CNAP is working on [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.1.4.
To make sure it saves in call log you have to use dialer one or simillar app from the market.

That's great to hear! However, I would still like someone to either explain to me what changes I need to make to a stock ROM to get this to work, or create a flashable zip that I could look at.

Anyone?
24th January 2012, 04:56 PM |#8  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Question for the op. Where did you get your Galaxy Nexus? I know Rogers just received some maybe their model will work with Name display. I also have the service on my account , but still didn't get a call from someone not on my contact list... I will post here with my results!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
24th January 2012, 05:05 PM |#9  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by big samm

Question for the op. Where did you get your Galaxy Nexus? I know Rogers just received some maybe their model will work with Name display. I also have the service on my account , but still didn't get a call from someone not on my contact list... I will post here with my results!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I bought it from Virgin, but all they are all the same (Rogers, Bell, Telus, Virgin), both from a hardware perspective, as well as a software perspective.

I doubt it will work on your device if it is stock.
24th January 2012, 05:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I disabled Name Display on my account when I had the ATRIX 4G because it would show every incoming call as PAY PHONE but I re-added it a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had any problems. It doesn't display the name of the caller however, just the number.
24th January 2012, 05:14 PM |#11  
OP Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlaxx

I disabled Name Display on my account when I had the ATRIX 4G because it would show every incoming call as PAY PHONE but I re-added it a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had any problems. It doesn't display the name of the caller however, just the number.

Then it is not working. That is Caller ID / Call Display. Name display is something completely different.

Caller ID (or Call Display): The network will display the phone number of phone calling you (unless it is a private number). Your phone will display the name of the individual if the number calling is stored in your contacts.

Name display (or CNAP): The network will display the phone number of the phone calling (unless it is a private number), as well as the name associated to that number, regardless of whether or not the information is stored in your contacts. It is network-driven, but your device needs support for it.
Last edited by efrant; 24th January 2012 at 05:17 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call forwarding, cnap, name display, rogers
Previous Thread Next Thread