Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rogers CNAP (Name Display) on Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

efrant
Old
(Last edited by efrant; 16th April 2012 at 04:30 PM.)
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8043

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Rogers CNAP (Name Display) on Galaxy Nexus

Does anyone on Rogers have name display (not caller ID, but name display) working on a Galaxy Nexus?

If so, what build are you on?

Thanks.

EDIT: Call forwarding works fine -- it was a user error on my part. Original post modified.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

svmagnum
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Did you end up figuring it out on how to make it work? I really need this feature?

efrant
Old
(Last edited by efrant; 21st February 2012 at 08:03 PM.)
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8043

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by svmagnum View Post
Did you end up figuring it out on how to make it work? I really need this feature?
Neither CNAP nor call-forwarding seem to work on my device, and no one has answered my post. I will try asking in this thread.

EDIT: Figured out the call-forwarding issue. It was related to Rogers One Number. If you use One Number, you cannot use the phone's forwarding menu.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

Google Nexus 5

svmagnum
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Here is what i was able to figure out But im a noob.
Cyanogenmod has an ICS update review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,11168 (im new user it doesnt let me post link) that enables the name display.

I beleive name display was incorporated into the Nexus S rom *Ultimate ICS v 3.0" so i was trying to figure out how to make that just an update to add a name display on the stock rom. Maybe you can help?
The Following User Says Thank You to svmagnum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8043

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Here is what i was able to figure out But im a noob.
Cyanogenmod has an ICS update review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,11168 (im new user it doesnt let me post link) that enables the name display.

I beleive name display was incorporated into the Nexus S rom *Ultimate ICS v 3.0" so i was trying to figure out how to make that just an update to add a name display on the stock rom. Maybe you can help?
Here is your link: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,11168

I'm not much of a coder, but hopefully someone can helps us out!

Google Nexus 5

svmagnum
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I installed and CNAP is working on [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.1.4.
To make sure it saves in call log you have to use dialer one or simillar app from the market.

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8043

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I installed and CNAP is working on [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3] Codename Android 1.1.4.
To make sure it saves in call log you have to use dialer one or simillar app from the market.
That's great to hear! However, I would still like someone to either explain to me what changes I need to make to a stock ROM to get this to work, or create a flashable zip that I could look at.

Anyone?

Google Nexus 5

big samm
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Question for the op. Where did you get your Galaxy Nexus? I know Rogers just received some maybe their model will work with Name display. I also have the service on my account , but still didn't get a call from someone not on my contact list... I will post here with my results!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8043

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by big samm View Post
Question for the op. Where did you get your Galaxy Nexus? I know Rogers just received some maybe their model will work with Name display. I also have the service on my account , but still didn't get a call from someone not on my contact list... I will post here with my results!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I bought it from Virgin, but all they are all the same (Rogers, Bell, Telus, Virgin), both from a hardware perspective, as well as a software perspective.

I doubt it will work on your device if it is stock.

Google Nexus 5

AllBlaxx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I disabled Name Display on my account when I had the ATRIX 4G because it would show every incoming call as PAY PHONE but I re-added it a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had any problems. It doesn't display the name of the caller however, just the number.

Tags
call forwarding, cnap, name display, rogers