[Q] Rogers CNAP (Name Display) on Galaxy Nexus

7th April 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #61  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 48

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingsgonegreen

So... I setup a build for AOSP, applied the patch from CM9 to get CNAP working on incoming calls (the patch just took the exact code for CNAP in the CdmaConnection class and applied the exact same code to the GsmConnection

I agree, CNAP should be in all ROM's. Can I ask where you got the patch from?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
7th April 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 8

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinomac

I agree, CNAP should be in all ROM's. Can I ask where you got the patch from?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

The patch was linked to in post #5 of this thread (sorry I can't link to it). The changes to GsmConnection.java enable name display for incoming calls, but the name does not persist in the call log.

I should have a patch by the end of the weekend (busy weekend here) for the changes to allow the name to persist in the call log, and I just need to figure out the process for submitting into AOSP.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to everythingsgonegreen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 8

9 posts
I noticed something else from within the call log, but not sure if anything should be done about it.

Any input on what it should look like when you press the name/number in the call log (not the phone icon) and the details of all of the calls and the caller come up? An entry that exists in your contacts comes up with the caller's name, an icon, and underneath the number and whether it is their mobile etc.

For a caller that does not have a contact associated with the number, where the name was gets replaced by a full bar saying 'Add to contacts' and the icon gets a plus added to it. Then underneath that bar, is the number. So the name doesn't get displayed anywhere in this display. I figure it should, the question is just where. Also, how far do you take it, when you press 'Add to Contacts' do you attempt to populate any more fields? I'm guessing no, as there isn't any real way to know what that name is going to represent, it could be a company name, a fragment of a company name, or a person's name, or whatever. My wife's phone has 'UNKNOWN CALLER' programmed in as her name coming in through CNAP (or some fragment of that depending on length).

Just not sure how far to take it, right now I'm just happy to get the name and have it persist in the call log.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to everythingsgonegreen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2012, 06:36 PM   |  #64  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 91

602 posts
More
Promising work there. I can't remember how it worked on Windows Mobile. But from what I remember the name was always all in uppercase. Having that auto-populate in any of the fields would just force me to write it in correctly anyways.
9th April 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Thank you for all your hard work. From my experience, my old SonyEricsson phone would only show the phone number when trying to add to contacts. It would not pre-fill with CNAP name data anywhere in the contact menu. The only place I saw the CNAP name was during an active incoming call, and also in the call log (if I looked at details of the caller within the call log, it would only show the phone number).
Last edited by aryarajabi; 9th April 2012 at 03:06 PM.
12th April 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #66  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 91

602 posts
More
Since this is merged with CM9, it would seem that all builds would have it. However, I am still having an issue with this not receiving a name...

Anyone have the old callerID+Name Display for 8 dollars? I noticed that now you have to get both seperately. Could that be the issue?
12th April 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #67  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1408

Since this is merged with CM9, it would seem that all builds would have it. However, I am still having an issue with this not receiving a name...

Anyone have the old callerID+Name Display for 8 dollars? I noticed that now you have to get both seperately. Could that be the issue?

not, i have fido with name caller diplay. It displays name but not persist in call log.
Last edited by adassa95; 13th April 2012 at 03:51 AM.
16th April 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #68  
Flag Montreal, Quebec

18 posts
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotekz

is it possible to get this mod working for AOKP?

Release 32 : YES. Tested on Nexus S.
18th April 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #69  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 48

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adassa95

Release 32 : YES. Tested on Nexus S.

CNAP w/AOKP b32 works on Captivate as well :)

Sent from my SGH-I896 using XDA
Last edited by martinomac; 18th April 2012 at 12:19 AM.
19th April 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #70  

6 posts
More
A little guidance needed here
Hi,

I have a Galaxy Nexus with Fido, name display is important to me, I can't figure out what a phone number with an unknown name would be useful for but anyways...
I've spent a couple of weeks searching, I've managed to unlock and upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.4 using an application called Fastboot and a file named "yakju-imm76d-factory-c6e807a1.tgz"
I still don't have name display, I've read this complete thread and downloaded the file in post #5 but I don't know how to go about it.

I've seen on this forum some guides and procedures but I guess as a noob I am unable to figure out which guide is the right one to follow...

If someone can just give me a head start I would appreciate that.

Thanks,

Mike

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call forwarding, cnap, name display, rogers
Previous Thread Next Thread