Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No root on maguro 4.4.2 builds ??

Tip us?

true_bot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation [Q] No root on maguro 4.4.2 builds ??

I tried CM 11 snapshot build as well as PA 4.4.2 BETA2 build. (BTW i was previously on 4.3 CM 10.2 stable) I already did everything for rooting my maguro but there isn't anything about how to root it after flashing the rom and gapps. It is running into the same problem that was encountered during updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3 on custom roms. Apps like titanium won't work anymore because they can't have root access and there is no updation in chainfre's supersu for this device. Also a new build for CWM for maguro kitkat bulid does not exist. So can't update the su binaries. Any other way to re-root this device after the procedure ??? Ordinary rooting using odin or bootloader does not work. I already tried.

AK1149
Old
Thanks Meter 6
CyanogenMod uses Koush's Settings integrated Superuser and PA Latest Build uses Chainfire's SuperSU. Both of them are pre-rooted. How did you flash the ROM?

true_bot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Flashed it with cwm 6.0.4.3. BTW I got it working anyways. Thanks for replying though. The solution was using philz modified cwm. It came preloaded with some settings which made it possible. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

d3xp2pc
Old
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_bot View Post
Flashed it with cwm 6.0.4.3. BTW I got it working anyways. Thanks for replying though. The solution was using philz modified cwm. It came preloaded with some settings which made it possible. :thumbup:

If you have this issue in future go into developer settings to enable root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
---
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

r-a-m
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_bot View Post
I tried CM 11 snapshot build as well as PA 4.4.2 BETA2 build. (BTW i was previously on 4.3 CM 10.2 stable) I already did everything for rooting my maguro but there isn't anything about how to root it after flashing the rom and gapps. It is running into the same problem that was encountered during updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3 on custom roms. Apps like titanium won't work anymore because they can't have root access and there is no updation in chainfre's supersu for this device. Also a new build for CWM for maguro kitkat bulid does not exist. So can't update the su binaries. Any other way to re-root this device after the procedure ??? Ordinary rooting using odin or bootloader does not work. I already tried.
tuff questions, i have PA 4.0 BETA3, and this heve everything, root, SuperSU ect. I thing u must return on stock 4.3, and then rootin again !

spirit1002
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Just flash the supersu.zip from chainfire's website
I can't post urls...You can google it
UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to spirit1002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ykom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had a same problem and resolved it.

As spirit 1002 said, install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip and works.