Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No root on maguro 4.4.2 builds ??

OP true_bot

19th January 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
I tried CM 11 snapshot build as well as PA 4.4.2 BETA2 build. (BTW i was previously on 4.3 CM 10.2 stable) I already did everything for rooting my maguro but there isn't anything about how to root it after flashing the rom and gapps. It is running into the same problem that was encountered during updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3 on custom roms. Apps like titanium won't work anymore because they can't have root access and there is no updation in chainfre's supersu for this device. Also a new build for CWM for maguro kitkat bulid does not exist. So can't update the su binaries. Any other way to re-root this device after the procedure ??? Ordinary rooting using odin or bootloader does not work. I already tried.
19th January 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dammam
Thanks Meter: 6

7 posts
More
CyanogenMod uses Koush's Settings integrated Superuser and PA Latest Build uses Chainfire's SuperSU. Both of them are pre-rooted. How did you flash the ROM?
20th January 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Flashed it with cwm 6.0.4.3. BTW I got it working anyways. Thanks for replying though. The solution was using philz modified cwm. It came preloaded with some settings which made it possible. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
21st January 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 237

806 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_bot

Flashed it with cwm 6.0.4.3. BTW I got it working anyways. Thanks for replying though. The solution was using philz modified cwm. It came preloaded with some settings which made it possible. :thumbup:

If you have this issue in future go into developer settings to enable root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by true_bot

I tried CM 11 snapshot build as well as PA 4.4.2 BETA2 build. (BTW i was previously on 4.3 CM 10.2 stable) I already did everything for rooting my maguro but there isn't anything about how to root it after flashing the rom and gapps. It is running into the same problem that was encountered during updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3 on custom roms. Apps like titanium won't work anymore because they can't have root access and there is no updation in chainfre's supersu for this device. Also a new build for CWM for maguro kitkat bulid does not exist. So can't update the su binaries. Any other way to re-root this device after the procedure ??? Ordinary rooting using odin or bootloader does not work. I already tried.

tuff questions, i have PA 4.0 BETA3, and this heve everything, root, SuperSU ect. I thing u must return on stock 4.3, and then rootin again !
25th January 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 13

32 posts
Just flash the supersu.zip from chainfire's website
I can't post urls...You can google it
UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to spirit1002 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
I had a same problem and resolved it.

As spirit 1002 said, install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.91.zip and works.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread