Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Blue Line on Screen Edges Issue

OP DanielDCA

27th January 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Greetings,

I just purchased my Samsung Galaxy Nexus but I noticed after some months of use, some strange blue lines that appears only on blue, grey or specially light colors as white backgrounds. I am very upset since I bought this good cellphone but noticed the screen issue. People told me that those blue lines where just a software problem but the thing is that I recently upgraded from 4.2 JellyBean to 4.4 KitKat and those annoying lines still appear on specific backgrounds. I forgot to mention that those blue lines appear in full-screen mode where the notification and the digital buttons bar are when they hide while in that mode, for example: when playing games, visualizing text or images, watching videos on Youtube (all of it in full-screen mode). You got the idea, right? Its like when the full-screen mode is on and the functional bars of the Nexus fade, it is supposed to be the same color as the whole background, but not; it appears like a tone of blue instead. This has nothing to do with the camera by the way.

I now think that the issue is related to some problem with the screen and hardware. I don't really want to replace the whole screen with a new one since Nexus screens are very expensive. I can't claim a warranty as well.

So, the questions are:
¿Does anybody have or have had the exact or similar issue as me?
¿Can someone please explain me what's going on and give me a solution?

I will leave few images bellow where the blue line is more visible:

1st Picture: When Youtube is loading the video, the notification and digital-button bar are gonna fade to play the video in full-screen mode.

2nd Picture: While the video is playing in full-screen mode, on the edge of the screen where previously was the notification bar, the blue line appeared, you can see it easily.

3rd picture: While reading any type of text or viewing a picture in full-screen mode where the notification and digital-buttons bar fade, the blue line appears again and its very easy to see it.

4th Image: This case is different, on a background with dark blue and black colors, there is some blue tint effect that is slightly notorious, the picture taken from the camera doesn't show it very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-26-20-09-32.png
Views:	164
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2541393   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140126-WA0013.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	2541394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140126-WA0015.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	2541421   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140126-WA0014.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	2541422  
Last edited by DanielDCA; 27th January 2014 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Grammar Corrections
27th January 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chisinau
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
More
Same here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by exkubik

Same here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah dude, it really sucks and its kinda annoying when watching videos or reading something. Google should make something about it on future cellphones!

If you fix it or at least reduce the blue shadow a little please notice me, I am very upset about it.
27th January 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chisinau
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
More
Unhappy
My „blue lines” appeared after I dropped the phone
27th January 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #5  
Flag Mostar
Thanks Meter: 314

996 posts
Seems like standard Galaxy Nexus AMOLED burn-in. Try something like this but dont expect too much.
27th January 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 56

205 posts
Screen burn in. I have it too. There's no fixing it on an AMOLED display without replacing the screen. This is my first and last device I will buy with AMOLED.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread