Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Has anyone seen a Galaxy Nexus in the wild?

Tip us?

Anthonok
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Twice. One at a movie pre screening before I had mine. Then last weekend at a concert.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

vennstrom
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Twice, both on subway, a guy who seemed lost playing with it and a girl.....girls with nexus are hot

Powered by Galaxy Nexus™

-- Stock - Rooted - Always --
The Following User Says Thank You to vennstrom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simplex123
Old
Thanks Meter 1
A few of my friends have it and I've seen a few on the bus and at restaurants! They are out there! I am so sick of seeing iP4S' everywhere!!

case0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by vennstrom View Post
Twice, both on subway, a guy who seemed lost playing with it and a girl.....girls with nexus are hot

Powered by Galaxy Nexus™
They totally are. I saw an old friend recently and she has the Nexus One, and was checking out my phone because she wants to upgrade to the Galaxy Nexus.

Need to see her again..

sjankis630
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have seen none. Verizon Northern VA here. I usually don't go around showing off my phone so I would not notice it unless it was in the same company and probably inside as well.
When I bought mine in Reston VA, I mentioned to the guy that I had been waiting for it since last October - he said that they had sold all that they had in stock in every previous shipment (I waited about 2 weeks) and said that it was popular.
I have seen at least 2 dozen Razors though. (something about buy one phone get one free on Verizon), the numerous droids, and 10 million iphones.
I frequent UVA's campus about once every 6 weeks and see almost exlusively iphones, although I would expect their IT degree seekers are probably leaning more toward android at this point.
I have had 3 different people ask if my Galaxy Nexus was the "new iphone."
I have also never seen a Galaxy Note either.

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 957
I've never seen a phone at the zoo in a cage or in the jungle. Sorry.

bow chicka wow wow.
The Following User Says Thank You to @rbiter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

delti90
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've seen a lot of them in the wild. A few of my friends have the Nexus, and I've counted 4 people in my math class with the phone and a few other people in some of my classes have it.

tsunami1609
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I've seen two Galaxy Nexii around campus and two Nexus S's running Ice Cream Sandwich. I have to fight the urge to go up to them and bump with their phones to pull off Android Beam. Something's telling me that I should keep fighting the urge though....

Android Beam aside, this is actually one thing I like/hate about the Galaxy Nexus: less people with it just makes it more unique. Part of me wants to be the few that has a phone this great, but the other part really wants others to experience what we do.

jasg001
Old
Thanks Meter 59
My workplace started offering Androids last year and the gnex became an option a couple months ago. Definitely seeing more gnex's in the wild lol

rayiskon
Old
Thanks Meter 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftLegend View Post
Whenever I'm using mine, other people pull theirs out.
Y can't i relate this to gnex in any way