Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGN questions

Tip us?
 
Leatherneck2111
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default [Q] SGN questions

Currently I run a Motorola Bionic (stock ROM-unrooted) using Verizon as my carrier, I have an opportunity to pick up a rooted/ROM'd (CM10) Galaxy Nexus for less than $100 with all the original equipment and a spare extended life battery. (Verizon is the carrier also)

I know it isn't the latest nor greatest but how much of a step up from the Bionic is it?? Anything I need to check out specifically as a possible problem indicator?

I have already asked if it was overclocked and it appears well maintained.

Thoughts???

Thank You.
 
T0RU
Old
(Last edited by T0RU; 24th January 2014 at 12:43 AM.)
#2  
T0RU's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 88
Join Date: Mar 2013
what kind of moto bionic is it? there are 3 models
edit: I must say under 100$ is a good deal (even better that it has all of the original equipment)
Pure-Speed Kitkat
 
Leatherneck2111
Old
(Last edited by Leatherneck2111; 24th January 2014 at 01:41 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RU View Post
what kind of moto bionic is it? there are 3 models
edit: I must say under 100$ is a good deal (even better that it has all of the original equipment)

Straight XT875 1st gen. Bionic running 4.1.2 ......16gb of memory with a 32gb class 10 sd card in it.


The SGN is the 32gb model.
 
AndyYan
Old
#4  
AndyYan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 814
Posts: 1,931
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beijing
In my opinion, GNex is by no means a bad phone, but if you're not a ROM maniac, choosing it today is somewhat pointless, especially when compared to your Bionic (Bionic uses OMAP4430 while GNex uses OMAP4460, not much of a difference).
Why not the Verizon Moto G anyway? Also $100, not much better specs, but longer supported (support for GNex is already discontinued)

Sent from Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE @ CM11


Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (MultiROM V26: CM11 Nightly + Android L Dev Preview + Firefox OS 1.3)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia N97-1 (RM-505 22.0.110 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.
 
Leatherneck2111
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
In my opinion, GNex is by no means a bad phone, but if you're not a ROM maniac, choosing it today is somewhat pointless, especially when compared to your Bionic (Bionic uses OMAP4430 while GNex uses OMAP4460, not much of a difference).
Why not the Verizon Moto G anyway? Also $100, not much better specs, but longer supported (support for GNex is already discontinued)

Sent from Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE @ CM11
Thanks Andy, I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan and unfortunately also poor but looking for an inexpensive phone to replace my Bionic. I can't afford the latest & greatest at retail prices and can't afford to lose my unlimited plan (10-20GB per month).

Guess I'm really just looking for something different as I've ran the Bionic for almost 3 years.
 
AndyYan
Old
#6  
AndyYan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 814
Posts: 1,931
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherneck2111 View Post
Thanks Andy, I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan and unfortunately also poor but looking for an inexpensive phone to replace my Bionic. I can't afford the latest & greatest at retail prices and can't afford to lose my unlimited plan (10-20GB per month).

Guess I'm really just looking for something different as I've ran the Bionic for almost 3 years.
Oops, I forgot MotoG is $100 only when a new contract is applied... If you're just looking for a fresh experience, GNex is a nice choice, especially with all accessories intact. Gotta flash all the ROMs out there!

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11


Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (MultiROM V26: CM11 Nightly + Android L Dev Preview + Firefox OS 1.3)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia N97-1 (RM-505 22.0.110 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more