MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] SGN questions

24th January 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
Currently I run a Motorola Bionic (stock ROM-unrooted) using Verizon as my carrier, I have an opportunity to pick up a rooted/ROM'd (CM10) Galaxy Nexus for less than $100 with all the original equipment and a spare extended life battery. (Verizon is the carrier also)

I know it isn't the latest nor greatest but how much of a step up from the Bionic is it?? Anything I need to check out specifically as a possible problem indicator?

I have already asked if it was overclocked and it appears well maintained.

Thoughts???

Thank You.
24th January 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

88 posts
More
what kind of moto bionic is it? there are 3 models
edit: I must say under 100$ is a good deal (even better that it has all of the original equipment)
Last edited by T0RU; 24th January 2014 at 12:43 AM.
24th January 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RU

what kind of moto bionic is it? there are 3 models
edit: I must say under 100$ is a good deal (even better that it has all of the original equipment)

Straight XT875 1st gen. Bionic running 4.1.2 ......16gb of memory with a 32gb class 10 sd card in it.

The SGN is the 32gb model.
Last edited by Leatherneck2111; 24th January 2014 at 01:41 AM.
24th January 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 870

2,090 posts
More
In my opinion, GNex is by no means a bad phone, but if you're not a ROM maniac, choosing it today is somewhat pointless, especially when compared to your Bionic (Bionic uses OMAP4430 while GNex uses OMAP4460, not much of a difference).
Why not the Verizon Moto G anyway? Also $100, not much better specs, but longer supported (support for GNex is already discontinued)

Sent from Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE @ CM11
24th January 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan

In my opinion, GNex is by no means a bad phone, but if you're not a ROM maniac, choosing it today is somewhat pointless, especially when compared to your Bionic (Bionic uses OMAP4430 while GNex uses OMAP4460, not much of a difference).
Why not the Verizon Moto G anyway? Also $100, not much better specs, but longer supported (support for GNex is already discontinued)

Sent from Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE @ CM11

Thanks Andy, I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan and unfortunately also poor but looking for an inexpensive phone to replace my Bionic. I can't afford the latest & greatest at retail prices and can't afford to lose my unlimited plan (10-20GB per month).

Guess I'm really just looking for something different as I've ran the Bionic for almost 3 years.
24th January 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 870

2,090 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherneck2111

Thanks Andy, I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan and unfortunately also poor but looking for an inexpensive phone to replace my Bionic. I can't afford the latest & greatest at retail prices and can't afford to lose my unlimited plan (10-20GB per month).

Guess I'm really just looking for something different as I've ran the Bionic for almost 3 years.

Oops, I forgot MotoG is $100 only when a new contract is applied... If you're just looking for a fresh experience, GNex is a nice choice, especially with all accessories intact. Gotta flash all the ROMs out there!

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread